27. unwelcomed

Hallies pov

The ride to my mother's was long and irritating, she kept asking sam and I question after question. Sam actually answered whereas I gave short answers, I don't want to be your typical teen that hates her mom but I have a reason too. She left us and then pretending like we didn't exist for years, she replaced dad and us. She has two more kids with her new man, Patrick and Lily.

I don't have anything against them, just my mom. I really wish our relationship wasn't broken but she did it, I have tried to reach out to her plenty of times and now all of sudden she cares for sam and i.

After a few hours Sam fell asleep leaving on me, I went onto my phone to drown out whatever my mom and her husband were talking about. I went through my tags and liked a few posts, im not even famous and I have fanart and edits. I know they're why don't we accounts but its still sweet they take time out of their day to make something of me. I loved doing this, it made me happy to see other people happy and enjoying themselves. "We are here!" My mom chirped, she pulled into a huge driveway that lead to a enormous house. My jaw dropped, she literally lived in a mansion. I turn away from the house so my mom doesn't think im impressed, I wake up my brother and tell him we're here. It takes him a few seconds to wake up but when he did he made the same face I did. We all got out grabbing our bags "like it?" My mom was proud, it almost felt like she was subtly bragging. We lived in an average home and she lived in a mansion. Sam nods "Wow it's so huge!" She looks to me for a reaction but I pretend like I didn't see her, we walk into the house and they give us a tour. It was 7 o'clock at night and the sun was setting, stepping into the house is a long hallway type strip down all the way to the back door, where I could see the back yard. On the right was a room with a piano, fireplace, couch and a book shelf full of books. To the left was a stairway to the top floor but they took us around the bottom floor first. The kitchen and dinning rooms were connected and huge, the color scheme of the house was white, cool yellow and black. There was a living room downs stairs as well, my mother said they're was a bathroom in an odd place. She wanted Sam to try and find it, he enjoyed the game and he found it quickly, it was under the stairs. It was just a toilet and sink, the back yard had a huge pool along with a patio set up with a fireplace and a trampoline. Sam would have an amazing time here, I could too probably but I'm not comfortable enough. Sam seemed comfortable already and it made me feel pressured.

The top floor had 5 bedrooms, my mother showed Sam to his and then showed us her other kids room including her. Sam scrurred off to his room, I still stood their holding my bags. My mom left me alone in the hallway, I stood there confused and getting slightly angry. After waiting a few minutes to see if she'd come back out i carried my bags downstairs and sat in the living room. I text anna.

Anna

Okay so um idk what is happening and I'm getting quite annoyed

What???

My mom showed us all the rooms and gave sam a room and not me then left me in the hallway with my bags.

Wtf?!?
Do you have a room?

I don't think so, Im infuriating.

Don't get too angry hal, I understand but you don't want to say something you'll regret.

Ik
She's coming down, I'll talk to u in a bit

Okay :)

I don't say anything and close my phone looking down at the ground "Sorry you don't have a room, hope you don't mind sleeping on the couch." I say nothing, I have to sleep on the couch for the next few weeks?? I was even more anger than before, she leaves me alone in the room again. I did not want to stay here, I grab my bags and call an uber. Luckily the hotels weren't expensive here, I booked one just for tonight while I waited for the uber. I left and slammed the door, letting my mom know I was mad. I got into the uber and left. I texted Anna and my dad telling them both what was happening. When I arrived my dad called me, i talked to him for a few minutes. He told me he would pay me back for booking the hotel, I tried to talk him out of it but he's stubborn when it comes to things like that.

The next day..

I woke up with a headache, I struggled to fall asleep last night due to how passed I was. I don't get mad easily but when I do get angry it takes a lot for it to leave. I had a bunch of texts from sam, I told him I was at a hotel and there was nothing to worry about. I didn't have any texts from my mother. I told my dad to come and pick me up, he agreed and I waited until he was close before checking out and going to say goodbye to my brother. When I arrived Patrick and Lily were playing with Sam, I felt bad for leaving but it seemed like my mother still hated me. Atleast that's how she was treating me, i greeted the children they were still bouncing around "why do you have to leave?" Sam whined, "I don't want to be here, im sorry. I don't feel welcomed" he frowned but didn't say anything else. I hugged him and said goodbye, my mom walked out of the kitchen "oh you're back" I rolled my eyes standing up "and I'm leaving" she raised her eyebrow and I turned walking  to the door,  she followed behind me. When I open the door she takes it from me lightly shoving me out "bye now" she grins and closes the door in my face. I stood there shocked, she really did just do that. I wanted to go back in and scream at her but not in front of the children. I sat at the bottom of the driveway waiting patiently, my mind was angry but heart was sad. Half of me wanted to storm back in there and give her a piece of my mind but the other half felt like all this time the little bit of hope I had left of restoring my relationship with her was gone. I knew all along it was me who made her leave, I don't want anything to do with her after today. I just wish I knew what I did wrong, maybe I could fix it.

No nevermind, im fine for who I am and she doesn't love me who I am she's missing out. Im not gonna make myself feel like shit because she wants too. I didn't know how to feel about all this.

I hear the door behind me open, someone sits besides me "I'm sorry about her" it was my mother's husband. I stayed quiet, I kept my eyes on the ground not moving besides my anxiety making me shake. "I don't know what's gotten into her, we were gonna let you stay with Sam but last minute she said you could sleep on the couch. I told her it was rude but she became stubborn, please don't think it's your fault" I hate that he was apologizing for her, but he's trying. I felt myself tear up and tried so hard not to cry "it is my fault, it's always been my fault. She left us because of me and now I'm leaving because of me." I could see him out of the the corner of my eyes, he ran his hand through his hair "it's not you, it's her. She thinks you're too much of your father." I shake my head and a tear falls "id rather be my father than her, he didn't leave us. She did" i turn to him for a split second, tears running down. He looked sad and I wish he didn't, she's the one who needs to be sad. I hear car coming and look down the road to see my dad's car, relief washes over me. I stand up grabbing my bags "don't apologize for her, and don't feel bad because you didn't have anything to do with it" he stands up to my dad took my bags "I did cause it, she met me and I took away from you" I shake my head "you didn't know she had kids already, don't blame yourself. I'll see you around Dylan." I waved at him before walking to mu dad hugging him. "I'm sorry honey" he wiped a tear away "It's not your fault dad" I whisper, we get into the car and leave. I didn't expect this to go that way but it did and here I am.

🌻

Sorry it's been a few weeks, I'll update again this weekend promise!!

Also if you don't mind maybe follow and cote on my stories, I understand if you don't want to because same😂

I'll be starting a more books very soon, so if you enjoy my stories just follow me. Anyways I hope you have an amazing morning, afternoon, evening wherever you are :)