22. prom

Hallie's pov

I spin around in the mirror making sure everything looks right, my curves almost popped out. I sit down pulling my clear white heels on, I stand up looking at myself again. "wow" I turn to the door at seeing someone I didn't expect "Keri!" I run to her hugging her "what are you doing here?!" She smiles "you think I'd miss my girls going to prom?" Anna steps out of the bathroom smiling at her mom "hi momma" Keri stepped over hugging her "hey sweetheart" she snapped a few pictures of us together before all of us walking down the stairs. My dad watches us in awe, "you're so beautiful" he mumbles. I hug him and he begins to cry "you look like your mom" he stops crying and kisses my cheek. Although my mom and father are divorced my dad still loves her, he never wanted to get a divorce because he felt as though she was the one for him but then she broke his heart. A knock on the door changes my father's mood, he broadens his shoulders and walks to the door with a straight face we all laugh watching him. My dad steps over letting the two of them in, my eyes automatically landed on Daniel. My breath caught in my throat, he was only wearing a tux but he looked so damn good in it. Keri hugged her son and Anna and I hugged Dalton, Daniel hugged Anna before me. I was nervous as I waited for his hug, but when he wrapped his arms around me he hugged me resting his chin on my head. I felt my heart beat go through the roof. We pulled away at the same time just like we were both trying to avoid awkward silence "PICTURE TIME" Keri cheered, we all went into my back yard taking pictures in front of the row of trees. Daniel stood besides me and we wrapped his arms around over my lower back. I ignored the sudden jitters and smile, we take a bunch of pictures in different positions I begin to get more comfortable with Daniels touch. We take a few pictures separate at a few with our parents. After an hour of photos the four of us said our goodbyes and climbed into my car, the ride to prom was shorter then we all expected. We make our way to the door and already see the bright lights coming from inside. People were infront of us and the line to get in was short. When we finally got inside we admired the pictures of the wall. All around the room were pictures of all the seniors throughout this year a voice on the loud speaker made me jump a little "seniors as you walk in you'll see pictures hung on the wall of memories from this year, your senior year will be a year to remember" I look around til I spot a picture of Anna and me. I was taking a photo of the her, she had a wide smile and so did I. Under the picture said "Anna Seavey & Hallie Angelo a bond that can not be broken" getting Anna's attention, I pointed at it she looked and a smile spreads across her face. She grabbed my hand and held it, "a bond that can not be broken" she repeats the words, I smile widely as the people around the room found pictures of them. Many awes, many laughs, many joyous words and chatter. When the curtain opened to the dance floor everyone gasped. The floor was marble white and stairs on each end coming together at the top was the stage. A huge chandelier hung above our heads, music began to play as we walked into the room. "wow this is amazing" I breath out. Anna nods in agreement "tonight's gonna be great" all four of us nod. We all walk around still a little in shock by the beauty of the room. When everyone was finally calmed down everyone danced to the music that blared throughout the room. Daniel and Dalton stood besides us as we dance like idiots, they would laugh here and there but overall we enjoyed ourselves. Once the lights dimmed and the song thousand years begin to play everyone grabbed their partner. Daniel put his hand out and bows "may I have this dance?" I curtsie taking his hand. This time it wasn't awkward, he held my hand with one hand up and the other in the small of my back, I rested my hand on his hip. He pulled me closer and we danced, without hesitation "you look gorgeous tonight" I look up at Daniel "thank you" I took a breath looking him up and down "you look okay I guess" Daniel senses my sarcasm "you guess?" He gives me a face of disgust I try my best to hold in my laugh, I shrug "yea" his face changes and he laughs a little, I laugh and look into his eyes "you look very handsome tonight Daniel" his cheeks turn red and he smiles "thank you" he spins me around and dips me, I come back up almost gracefully. "Smooth Seavey" he smirks and winks. I feel a blush cover my cheeks, when the song ends I go to pull away but Daniel keeps me in his arms, he spins me one more time dipping me pulling me slowly up. It was like one of those scenes in movies where they end up kissing, but Daniel didn't kiss me he only glared into my eyes once I was finally up, I smile at him "not to bad" I flirt. He smirks again "I never said I couldn't dance" I shrug and smirked "I just thought you couldn't dance" he got a little closer to me "think again" Daniel was suddenly more ballsy then he's been since I met him but then again I sort of am too. Anna grabs my arm whisking me away, "what was that?!' she squeled. I raise my eyebrow teasing her "HALLIE!" we we're outside so only the few others heard her, I laugh lightly "I don't know we danced" Anna rolled her eyes "and flirted" I chuckle "come on it's not a big deal"
Anna jumped in frustration "you guys so like eachother!" I shrug "if we do, we do" Anna smirks "are you admitting it?" I shake my head and Anna laughs pulling me back inside. We danced again til another slow song came on, I watched as Dalton pulled Anna in for a kiss it shocked all of us but I could already see the smile Anna had on the inside. Daniel took my hand not looking away from Dalton, even though Dalton and Daniel were good friends Daniel was still protective over her. I felt his tension as he held me, I glance at them as they dance with huge goofy grins in their faces. I take my hand and touch Daniels chin "hey come on, chill" I say, he turns to me and almost immediately relaxed. "sorry" he breathes out i shake my head "you're fine, she's your little sister I understand" he smiled and spun me around pulling my back up against his chest. It felt weird but for some reason i enjoyed it. He held my arms and we swayed from side to side then he spun me once again pulling me into his chest our faces were the closest they have ever been, my breath got caught in my throat. He rests his forehead in mine, the song ended and the two of us stay put for a few seconds before pulling apart. "I need a drink" I say beginning to walk away, Anna followed behind me. I went to the punch fountain but grabbed a water bottle instead, almost immediately chugging it all in one drink "you were so about to kiss him!" Anna gushes, I shake ny head and quickly changed the subject "you kissed Dalton!!" Her face turns red and she looks down at the ground. "It was amazing" I grab her hand pulling her into a hug "he asked me to be his girlfriend, and i said yes" she whispers into my ear I pull away from the hug with my mouth hung open "ANNA!" I cheered, she laughs and hugs me again.

Daniels POV.

We almost kissed, I almost kissed her. She pulls away walking out "I need a drink" Anna follows behind her. "So when are you and Hal gonna get together?" I turn to Dalton "we're just friends, but what about you and my sister?" I wasn't as angry as I was earlier for some reason Hallie relaxed me so easily just looking into her eyes. "about that.." Dalton starts, i raise my eyebrows "I asked her.." I nodded waiting for him to finish "she said yes, so uh I'm dating your sister" for some reason I hugged him congratulating him. "treat her good or you won't look good in the end" i threaten. He nods and continues to bug me about Hallie. I shrug off his words as she enters with Anna, she had a wide bright smile that took my breath away "wow" I say, Dalton groans "you're telling me you don't like her!!" I turn to him to nudge him "will you shut up" Dalton chuckles as puts his arm around me "oh Daniel" I roll my eyes and pretend like nothing happened. Hallie smiles at me as she approaches, she was about to speak when the loud speaker turned on "Now now ladies and gentlemen the last hour has been fun but now it's time too crown Queen and King!" Everyone in the audience directs their attention to their principal and claps, she read off the names of queen and King when Hallie's name was said I was taken aback she didn't seem like one too turn but shortly after Anna's name was said. They ran together, Dalton's name was said too and I hoped him and Anna won the crowns. Anna and Hallie held hands as they waited for the Queen's name too be called. "and the Queen of Portland High is Ms. Anna Seavey!" The crowd cheered and Hallie and Anna hugged with over excitement, Anna waited besides us until the king was called. "and to accompany Anna is King Dalton!" The crowd rumbled and Dalton took Anna's hand kissing it and walked up the stage to receive their crowns. I glanced at Hallie who had tears in her eyes with a wide smile "are you okay?" She looked up at me and nodded "she looks so gorgeous and she's the freaking queen! she wanted it so badly" I tilt my head to the side "but you ran for queen too" she nods looking back at Anna "I only ran because she wanted me to get it, but I have no desire in being the prom queen. I wanted her too win." I nod and look at her as she watches Dalton and Anna dance in the spotlight. It's weird to meet a girl who doesn't want to be prom queen, usually all girls do. Hallie was full of unexpected surprises, she was so different then all the other girls I've came across, she's humble, kind, caring, supportive, laid back, not stuck up, she is all around different.

Her eyes light up in glee watching her best friend dance around the dance floor, the song felt like it was for years because the entire time I watched Hallie, every thing felt like it was moving in slow motion. Yet I couldn't take my eyes off of her, she turned to me with a smile as the dance ended "what?" She chuckles, I shrug "just admiring" she blushes but nudges "oh stop it!"i smile and watch a smile grow on her face. Anna and Dalton clung to eachother as they walked away from the dance floor, the crowd cheered pulling Hallie and i's attention to them. Dalton winked at me before pulling anna in for a kiss. I turn to Hallie wanting to so badly to kiss her but instead I hug her, she hugged back and laughed "you're a weirdo" I chuckle "yeah I am but you like it" she grins as she pulls away "maybe I do" she winks at me and walks to Anna pulling her out of the room once again. Damn i really do like this girl..

🌻

Hi!! This chapter is longer than my other ones but probably my favorite, let me know how you like it! Also y'all really showing me some love🤧♥️