29. jallie

Hallies pov

I was shook awake by my dad and his smile, our schedules never gave us time to see eachother much. He worked from 5am to 7pm, I saw him enough to have dinner but that's about it. "Morning, I got the day off because of the storm." As if he summoned it a crash of thunder roars causing me to jump and my dad to laugh. I sit up in my bed and he sits on the edge "I was wondering if you'd like to do something today?" I put my hair up into a messy bun "like what?" He shrugs and looks at my clock on my nightstand "well it's 10:30 now, so lunch first and then we can decided then. Im paying" he stands up and walks to the door "take a shower and get ready" he walks out, I get up and go to bathroom to take a shower. I get ready quickly, putting on some blue jeans and a black tee shirt. It was simple but that's what I like, I put on my vans then braided my hair. I grab my backbag putting my wallet, carmex, charger and headphone in it. I meet my dad at the bottom of the stairs, I didn't know how long he was waiting but he opened the door for me "run" he jokes, we stand underneath the awining. The rained poured, making it practically impossible to get to the car without getting soaked. "1..2..3" we both bolt to his car, I glance up to see jamie in his car and embarrassment washed over me again. We get into the car and laugh "that was fun" he chuckles starting th car. He noticed Jamie in his car and waves, I look away and open my phone to pretend like I didn't see him. We leave and make our way to a local restaurant, it was easy to find a parking spot since it was a rainy afternoon. My dad and I talked for an hour while eating, it was nice just to talk with him. Growing up my dad and brother were my best friends, I struggled to make friends. I was always to scared to make any and when people did speak to me, I showed no interest even if i was. It took me awhile to open up, the only people I trusted was family. Until I met Anna, there was something about her that made me feel comfortable and I eventually became her best friend and that was the best thing to happen to me. Her family took me in with open arms and excepted me, even if it took a little while to be completely comfortable. Meeting Anna helped me open up, if it wasn't for her I don't think I would have the people I have in my life now. So many great friends, it's crazy how much I've changed since then but it was a good change. Nowadays it's tough to find trustworthy people and I was lucky enough to find a good chunk of people I trust with my life. Although I can't trust my mother I have others who take her place, just like she replaced me. I really wish I didn't have a broken relation with her but I seriously tried and she just said "fuck you" I don't let someone treat me like shit the way she's done all these years, now that I'm older I can stand up for myself. Thinking about her makes me sad and angry, knowing ideas the reason she left and the reason she treats me the way she does.

Later..

My dad took me shopping, I didn't want him to spend money on me but he kept telling he wanted to so I let him but only 200$ at most. He bought me a bunch of outfits for summer and then we went to get him so more clothes for work. After shopping it was dinner so we ordered take out and ate while watching an old movie, I liked spending the day with him. Its been awhile since it's been just us, and now that I'm getting older he knows I'll be leaving soon. I don't plan on moving out yet, I'm not ready even though I'm old enough. Im not ready to leave my family, everyone my age couldn't wait for the day they could move out but I don't want to. I never wanted to move out, I'm scared to live alone and scared to leave Sam and Dad.

"Today was fun, money and time well spent" my dad sits back on the couch, he finished his food already. I nod finishing the food in my mouth before speaking "yeah it was, it was nice to hangout with you" he smiled and patted my shoulder. My phone vibrates and I reach for it reading the message, "who is it?" I turn to him "it's Mrs. Miller, she wanted to know if I can babysit so they can go on a date" my dad nods "go ahead, I need to shower and get to bed anyways" he leans forward hugging me "good hal, I love you" he kissed my head "I love you too dad" he walks up the stairs and I reply back to her cleaning up our mess then grabbing my wind breaker, well technically Anna's. It was why don't we merch, I slip into my vans then out my hood up since it was still raining.