4.ouch

Daniels POV continued ..

I shake off my thoughts and hop into the shower. I change into a T-shirt and my sweats. Walking down the stairs I see her still laying quietly on the couch. The light above the fireplace was still on so I walked over and before shutting it off took my first look at her, with her eyes closed I can see her long eyelashes and the small amount of freckles on her face, she was so beautiful it left me speechless. I finally brought myself back to the real world and shut off the light walking back out of the living room but instead I crashed into table, I feel pain shoot throughout my leg. She jumps and sees me "are you okay?" She asks automatically. I nod, no one was in the house. We were having a barbeque so only she heard me. She reached over for the light she covered her heart "oh my god I thought you were tyler" I chuckle and her cheeks turn red I stand up and outreach my hand to hers "im Daniel " she chuckles and takes my hand "I know and I'm Hallie" I chuckle "I know" she smiles holy Jesus her smile fuck! After a few seconds we finally let go of one another's hands "uh Daniel are you sure you're okay?" I nod then look at where she's pointing. A small patch of blood on my pants. My cheeks heat up now, i embarrassed myself twice already. She stands up "lemme help you" I shake my head "no Hallie I'm fine" she raises her eyebrow "you sure? Walk for me" I step then wince. She sighs "Daniel sit down" I do as she says and she walks off, she comes back a few seconds later with a first aid kit. She bends down in front of my and lifts my pants up. She opens the kit and takes out a cotton swab and puts peroxide on it gently tapping it on my skin, I wince and she slows down. After she cleans the cut she takes a band aid cover in it then wrapping a baggage around my chin/ calf "why the bandage?" She rolls down my pants "well the cut for one and surround the cut is a bruise" I put my hand on my forehead "god I'm so clumsy, sorry for waking you" she shakes her head "its okay i am too and no its fine I got some sleep in" Anna skips into the living room and stops "oh I see you guys have met" she winks at Hallie and she rolls her eyes. "Anyways dinners done" she closes the box to the first aid kit and walks out of the living room "you good now?" I nod and stand up walking out of the living room "thanks Hallie" she smiles as she washes her hands "no problem Daniel" I open the sliding door and everyone's eyes land on me.

"So you've met.." My mom says. I nod "yea we did and only because of me being so clumsy" Anna chuckles "what happened?" I sit down on the swing "I went to turn off the light and I tripped" they all laugh "not funny" even though it kind of was. The door opens once again and Hallie walks out. She turns towards me, Keri chuckles "he stole you're spot" she shrugs and sits down next to me. She begins to swing. "You guys gonna eat" she jumps off of the swing and begins to grab a plate I chuckle and do the same.

"You better watch out Anna, Daniel might steal her" Tyler whispers to Anna. She rolls her eyes "you practically already did that Tyler " Hallie laughs "hey hey come on now guys there's enough of me for everyone" everyone laughs and Hallie smiles widely. She sat back down on the swing and I did to. She swung the swing back and froth slowly by moving her feet slowly beneath us. While we ate everyone chit chatted here and there. Hallie told a story about Italy, I said something one of the guys did, Anna told us about how much she bought today, Tyler told us how he slept all day then went to the gym and dad told us about work.

It was like Hallie was part of the family, I'm kind of angry with myself for not meeting her until now. My family obviously loves her. I take my eyes from my dad as he spoke, Hallie was listening intently. Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she pulled it out looking at it. She smiled and replied. Everyone was silent at the moment. "Anna" Hallie says. Anna looks up from her food "hmm" she reaches over and shows her, her phone. Anna smiles "we need to celebrate!" She laughed and pulled her phone away "he'll get embarrassed" she shrugs. And stands up "I'll be right back stay here" she furrows her eyebrows. My mom and dad chuckle "what is she up to?" Hallie looks at them with smile from ear to ear "I don't know".

A few minutes later Anna walks in with a boy in her arms. Hallie was already finished eating and she stands up. The boy looked terrified and I chuckled lowly. "Help" he says. Anna smiles "oh come on Sam, we're gonna celebrate no big deal" Hallie walked over and took the boy "Anna you can't just take him, that's kidnapping" she giggles. Anna points her finger at Hallie "it isn't if you do it" my parents laugh and so does Anna. "I'm gonna call dad" Hallie rolls her eyes "and what's dad gonna do?" Oh its her brother. The boy bits his lip "probably nothing" he huffed. The boys eyes finally met mine "oh, you must be Daniel" I nod and outreach my hand "Sam" he says simply shaking my hand. He elbows Hallie in the gut "ow Sam" he looks at her, he was almost the same height as her, and winks.

"So can you take me to the date?" He finally asks. She nods and Anna grabs her keys. They waved goodbye and left.

"Geez Daniel you have a starring problem" Tyler chirps. My head jerks towards him "he wasn't even being low key about" my mom chuckles. how does my mom know what low-key means?? I swallow hard "I wasn't starring I was just observing" they all burst into laughter, I made myself sound like an idiot.

🌻