6.serial killer?

Hallie's POV.

Tyler went to sleep around 10 and left only Anna, Daniel and I. Daniel turned on the Xbox throwing me a controller and Anna. "You know how to play?" I roll my eyes "I have a 14 year old brother, what do you think?" He puts his hands up in defense. "Hey hey just asking" Anna chuckles. I already had my own account of their Xbox, we played COD. I won a few times and so did Daniel, Anna lost each time. "This is getting boring" Anna yawns. "I'm having fun" Daniel says. I nod agreeing. "I'm out" she mumbles laying back into the couch. We shrug and continue playing. I beat him 3 times in a row, I kept making side comment during the game distracting Daniel to laugh.

"We should get off, we've been playing for Two hours" Daniel says, "good idea" he turns off the Xbox and sits back in his chair. He glances at his sleeping sister next to me "well its just us" I gulp, now its awkward. "So how bout we finish where we left off earlier.. tell me about yourself" he folding his hand resting them on his chest "well I'm Daniel, Daniel James Seavey I'm 18 I'm in a band called why don't we, I love to make music and sing. I like to think I'm funny how about you?"

"I'm Hallie, Hallie Ray Angelo Im 17, I'm not in a band but I could be, music is dope I like playing the piano and guitar. I like to think I'm funny too" I mock him. He shake his head with a smile on his lips. The room fell silent and I bounce my leg and look up at Daniel "I'm hungry" he chuckles "me too actually" I stand up and walk over to the door grabbing my keys "taco bell?" He jumps up from his seat and follows me out the door. I unlock the doors to my car "is this yours?" I nod and open my door "yea I bought it last year" "you?" I nod "yup, my own hard earned money" he chuckles and we both climb in. I hand him the aux and he takes it from my hand, the contact of our hands makes my skin heat up. His music plays and of course its one of his songs. His face turns red "oh sorry-" I cut him off "keep it on".

He raises his eyebrow and I begin singing "I should take you to the moon that's a long flight we could chill me and you if its alright" he joins in "you should be, you should be mine". The drive to taco bell was slower then I expected, we sang the songs together that played throughout my car. "What do you want?" I turn to him "chicken quesadilla" I turn back to the intercom. "Hi welcome to taco bell. What can I get you tonight?" I lean closer "can I get two queadillas and two tacos" "will that be all?" "Yes" "okay that will 12.76, pull up to the window" he pull up "you're getting one of the tacos" he chuckles "okay, demanding" I giggles and Daniel hands me a 20 " I'm paying" he shakes his head and the window opens. He reaches over me handing the girl the twenty "really Daniel?!" The girl in the window laughs. "I told you, you weren't paying" I roll my eyes and take the bag of food from the girl "have a nice night you two" I smile at her "you too" Daniel and I say in in unison.

I park the car in parking lot that overlooks a field of corn. "Seriously Hallie, tell me something about you that not everyone knows" I smirk and turn to Daniel I lean close to his face "I've killed three people, and you're next" he gulped and I continued "I've buried then in this exact cornfield, so I'll give you a choice. Either slow and painful or boom you're dead" his eyes widen and his face loses all color. I keep the car silent, keeping my face as straight as possible so he doesn't know I'm kidding. His hand slowly reaches for the door but I lock it. I let myself laugh but Daniel still looks terrified "gosh Daniel! I'm kidding chill out" he gulps again and I tap his cheek "its okay buddy" he finally chuckles "geez I thought you were serious" i giggle "really? I should be an actor" he rolls his eyes playfully "don't flatter yourself too much Hallie" I raise my eyebrow "oh I can't but you can" a smile falls onto my lips "Mr. I like to think I'm funny" he cocks his head back with a laugh.

He turns to me with a smile and smile back and we stare at one another for a few seconds. His eyes reminded me of the ocean, the way they danced and light up. They weren't a deep blue but they were blue. The color blue you get lost in, but never want to be found. Its like an escape, they were gorgeous.

Daniels POV.

A few hours ago we had an awkward confrontation and now were starring deep into each others eyes, but its not awkward at all, it was comforting. Her eyes were grey.. Like actually grey with streaks of blue that shot out from her pupil like a flower. I've never seen such beautiful eyes. "You have beautiful eyes" she mumbles, my cheeks heat up "s-so do you" I stutter for some reason. She breaks our gaze and looks down, I knew she was blushing but just the thought of her blushing made me blush, I'm a mess.

"We should head home" she puts the car in reverse backing up. She calls my home her home. "Good idea, its getting late" the music plays in the background, I never really paid attention to it. My mind and eyes wandering Hallie. There was something about her, something that made me keep wondering to keep observing. I can tell she's the type of girl it takes a while for her to open up and when she does its like reading a book or watching an action movie. You're constantly on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next, she's full of excitement and things that will keep you guessing.

She hummed to the music and my ears just take it all in. Just by her hums I know she can sing. I bounce my leg to her hums and the beat to the music. The smiles never left her face, she kept it throughout the entire way home.

The car stops and she turns to me, I didn't even realize we were home. "You're strange" I furrow my eyebrows "and why's that?" She chuckles and opens her door "you starred at me the entire ride home" she stepped out of the car, leaving me speechless and motionless. Geez I am a weirdo.

She puts her hand the door handle and gestures for me to come. I get out shutting the door and she locks it. She opens the door and leaves it open for me. She stood in the living room with her hands on her hips hovering over Anna. "Just leave her, you can sleep in her bed all to yourself. " she shrugs "sounds good to me" she turns off the lights and i lock the door. I walk up the stairs behind her "goodnight Dani" I smile "goodnight hal" I call her the nickname everyone else calls her. I liked the way it rolled off my tongue.

🌻