37. complicated

you look stunning" he reaches out and caresses my face like he did earlier, he moved closer.. His thumb dragged along my jawline then over my lips, my breath hitches. His blue eyes widened, he heard me, a small smile appears on his lips. his thumb rested on my lips, I placed my hand on his. He met my eyes, he twisted his hand around intertwining our fingers. he uses his other arm to prop himself up, he turns my body so I was laying on my back. he hovers over me, I feel my body heat up and my heart beat race.

daniels pov

I hover above her and intertwine both our hands together and laying them by both sides of her head. I try to catch my breath as I stared down at her, her eyes dance all over my face. The tension grew as the space between us lessened, I was only a few inches away from her lips when I seen something flicker in her eyes, I didn't know what but it gave me even more reason to continue.

I know I said I didn't like her, I know I said I wanted to be just friends but it's becoming impossible. She's just so damn beautiful and so fucking perfect, I love everything about her, I couldn't tell you something I didn't. the way she moves, funny way she talks sometimes, her silly facial expressions, her dumb jokes, her clear soft skin, her unique grey eyes, the way she smells like roses and strawberries, the list goes on and on.

I touch my lips to hers and it felt as though it was fire on fire. my mind was telling me to stop but my heart wanted nohing more then to fall into her. it's hard to explain exactly what I feel, I want to fall in love with her, I want to be the one, I want herm Jesus what am I think, my mind is racing with thoughts.

she pulls away and presses her index finger on my lips, we're both out of breath. "what happened to just being friends?" I sigh and shake my head "I don't know" I lay down besides her she flips over towards me. "I like you a lot and I don't know, hearing you talk about James-" she interrupts "Jamie" I shake my head "whatever, it made me incredibly jealous" she sighs "so was all of this out of jealousy?" I lick my lips "no, I don't know what it was." she stays still for a few seconds "why is this complicated?" she mumbles so quietly I barely understood.

I sit up looking down at her, my eyes scanned over her. her cross necklace was balled up laying on her collar bone and she had residue of sparkles on her chest, I meet her eyes "Hallie, how do I put this" I try to do d the words to say and she sits up looking up at me. "I like you, I do. I just" I close my eyes struggling to finish the sentence. "you don't want to get attached, you don't want to leave me hanging, you don't want me to wait for you" her words left a sting in my heart, her voice was small and hurt. I open my eyes to see her starring down at her fingers, she fiddled with them to distract herself, "yeah" I reply hopelessly. she nodded "yeah that's what I thought" she was forcing herself not to cry, I could feel it, I could hear it in her voice. she gets up from the bed and grabs a pillow and blanket "I'm gonna go sleep on the couch" I get up grabbing them from her "no no, I will. you can sleep in here" she wouldn't let go of the them "please?" I plead, she let go and took a deep breath before crawling into the bed "goodnight" I say, she stays silent facing away from me, I swallow down the pain and walk out quietly.

I get comfortable starring at the black TV screen, I feel stupid and some how heartbroken. I like Hallie, I like her a lot but I'm too afraid I will end up hurting her or I'll do something stupid. I'll be gone for months and won't see her, I don't want to leave her behind. I don't know how Christina and Corbyn do it, but then again they still find ways to be together. With Hallie it's going to be a lot harder, her father's in a bad place right now and I don't want to be the cause of more pain. she doesn't need it, I've never been able to hold any relationship. what will happen if we dated and I hurt her, how will that effect Anna and my family they love her. i can't take that away from her too, i just want to protect her, protect her from me.
people think I'm this amazing person but in reality I'm not, I hurt people, I always mess something up. I'm no good for her, Im just not a good person to date. I always give it up, or I say the won't thing. when I'm angry I say things I don't mean and I tend to say things that hurts them the most.

Hallie's pov

he shuts the door and I glare at the blank wall, I try to think and to get him out of my head but it just consumes me. it feels like he's making this harder than it seems, we could just be friends or talk we don't have to put a label on it until we're ready. he keeps confusing me, he pulls me I'm then pushes me away. I truly do like him and it hurts me a lot to think he likes me too but is too afraid to pursue it yet he can kiss me and make me feel like I'm his. it's so stupid and complicated.

🌻

speaking of complicated, read my Jonah Marais fanfic complicated;)

sorry it's been awhile, I haven't felt the best mentally my apologies. I'll try my best to update again by the end of the week.

good day <3