9. cute new kid

I wake up to my alarm blaring throughout my room. I glance over the clock read 7:45am I jumped out of bed. how did i not hear my alarm go off 30 minutes ago?! I threw on a pair sweats and my white crop top that read good vibes. I put my hair into two French braids and slipping into my Nike slides, wow I look like I was just hit me with a truck. My phone dings signaling Anna was here. I sling my backpack over my shoulder grabbing my phone and texting Anna saying I'm coming.

She giggles at me as I slide into the front seat "wake up late?" I look at her blankly "no I decided to look like shit for shits and giggles" she laughs loudly and I kind of did as well. Now listen I'm fine with wearing sweats and not looking the cutest but I also like looking cute, I like looking into the mirror and saying "look at you Hallie! Stunting all dem hoes" you know hyping myself up cause no one else does, lol. (DoNt tAkE oFfEnSe tO mE sAyInG hOeS :) )

Anna of course looked like a goddess with her blonde hair wavy and her makeup done perfectly. She had on black jeans and a simple shirt that said mad happy, In small font. Sometimes I'm jealous at how beautiful Anna is, her whole family was blessed with beautiful genes. Anna doesn't need makeup either but she likes to wear it sometimes.

I glance at the clock as Anna parked her car "we're late for class" Anna shrugged "do you think I care? Its senior year, we need to live a little be baddies" I gag "Anna stop" she chuckles, I knew she was kidding and it made everything funnier.

We both strutted into first hour, eyes landed on us even the teacher "Anna, Hallie why are we late?" Anna flashes the famous Seavey grin that makes everyone soft "sorry ma'am alarms didn't go off" the teacher nodded and we sat down in our seats, we chuckle silently even with peoples eyes on us. I put my bag down then looked up meeting the eyes of a quarter of the class. I wave my hand at them with a smile. Anna nudges me "Hallie stop" she let a giggle escape her lips. I smirk and turn to our teacher, I watched her mouth moved as words fell out but I didn't pay any attention. Once the bell rang I swung my book bag over my shoulder and walked Anna to her second hour. "I'll see at lunch hoe" she winked at me and I rolled my eyes "bye Anna" I walked into my second hour just as the bell rung. I sat in my usual seat. A cute boy strolled into the room. Mr. K smiled at the boy "ah everyone this is our new student" the boys eyes scanned the room and stopped when he seen me, his tan skin made his blue eyes stand out and his white teeth shine. Of course the one day I look like shit we get a cute new kid.

His wide smile made my heart throb, his eyes left mine and landed on Mr. K. "Why don't you introduce yourself" he patted his shoulder. He waved at the class "hi, I'm Dalton" dalton, wow never heard that before as a name. Just last names. He sat in the seat that was in the row next to be but up one. The boy in front of me leaned over "hey Dalton, I'm Henry" he shook his hand and glanced at me with a smirk looking forward. Oh boy! He's, oh god. Chill Hallie, its just a boy. You don't need another boy in ya life atm.

I composed myself enough to not stare to long at him. The bell rung and I quickly slung my book bag over my shoulder walking out of the class. Someone walked up on my side, "hi. I wanted to catch your name" he flashes his pearly white teeth. I stop in front of my third hour class "its Hallie" I smile, he nods "such a beautiful name" I nod and gulp "thank you gotta blast" I say he chuckles and I hear his chuckles behind me. Why is he following me?! Help omg he's too good looking to be speaking to me. I sit in my regular seat and he slides into the seat next to mine "what-" he cuts me off "AP physics Mrs. Walker?" I nod and swallow he hands me his schedule. He has this class, 2nd hour and 6 hour with me. I hand it back as the third hour bell rings. "We have three classes together" I say plainly. He nods "you mind telling me which ones" I feel my face lose color. "2nd, 3rd and 6th" he nods and turns his attention to the front. Way to compose yourself Hallie! Why are you so awkward?!

I walk into the lunch room and see Anna in our usual spot. She was texting on her phone, I sit down besides her. She smiles "did you see the new kid?" She raises her eyebrow "no? There's a new kid?" I shake my head "h-his names is Dalton" she nods and nudges my side "and you think he's cute" my face turns red and look up from her to avoid eye contact with her. "Halllieeeeee" she whined. I covered my face "can we stop?" She chuckles and prys my hand from my face "you started it" I avert my eyes "and now Im ending it" Anna rolls her eyes and pulls her lunch out of her bag. I face palm and Anna laughs "what?" I let out a breathe "i forgot my lunch" Anna laughs and goes to texting "what do you want?" I furrow my eyebrows. "What?" She rolls her eyes again "what do you want to eat? Like fast food"

"Taco bell" I say and she shakes her head. We begin talking about random shit then her phone dings "go to the main lobby, I'll be here" I furrow my eyebrows again "why?" She giggles "to get your taco bell weirdo" I smile "you got me the tacos of bells?" She giggles again and said "no someone else did" she shoes my out, I run to the main lobby.

Dalton sat lazily on the senior bench with henry and a few more of his friends. Dalton waved "hey Hallie" I smile "hola Dalton" he chuckles and stands up "bilingual I like" I rolls my eyes and he follows me to the door "are you ditching" I shake my head and see the front door open and Daniel stood with my food. I smile at him "awe Dani!" He giggles but his smile drops when he sees Dalton. "Anna told me you forgot your lunch so here ya go" he hands me the bag I open it I saw the exact order I had the night we hung out. I smile and hug him "thank you Daniel" he hugs me back and patted my back "no problem hal" I could feel his tension "oh Daniel, this is Dalton. Dalton this is Daniel" they shook hands and Daniel gripped a little tight. "nice to meet you Daniel, are you guys?" Daniel and I both shook out heads. Daniel smiled at me and looked at Dalton "my little sisters best friend" he said and Dalton grinned "so you're single?" He turned to me. I gulp and nod "good, nice meeting you Daniel" he waved and went back to his friends. "Thanks again Daniel" he smiled and hugged me once again "no problem hal" and then he was gone. That was more awkward than it should have been.

🌻