30. lunch

Hallies pov

I wake up around 1030am with a text from Anna and Jamie, I opened Anna's first

anna:)
8:30am

hey, i miss u:(

10:32am

i miss u too:/

Any tea??

Yes..

SPILL!!

one sec, ima ft you in a sec;)
Read @ 10:34

I open Jamie's message, I couldn't help but blush at his message. I texted him back before facetiming Anna, her wide smiley face took over the screen "so?!" I sit up in my bed "Okay so, you know how I babysit next door?" She nods "our old house" I nod confirming it "well, I met their son the other night.." Anna face lights up with excitement "go on!" I bit the inside of my cheek "well um, we sort of flirted and we exchanged numbers" she claps excitedly "what's his name, what does he look like give me all the details sweetie" I laugh at her obnoxious tone "okay, well his name is jamie. And he's so cute, he's tan and muscular with green and brown eyes. And he's so sweet oh my gosh" keri was now on the screen, listening to me "the boy next door love story" she chirps, a part of me wishes the boy next door was daniel. But I pushed him into the back of my head, I smile "I hope so because he just asked me out on a date" keri and Anna cheer "yesss hal!!" I smile at them biting my bottom lip, "speaking of the date, I need to get ready. He'll be here soon!" We say good bye and I get ready for our lunch date.

Daniels pov

I sat on my parents couch in their apartment waiting for Tyler to get back so we can make a lunch run. Anna sits at the island in the kitchen, my mom was washing dishes infront of her. Anna's phone rings and she picks it up almost immediately "so?!" She squeals, "Okay so, you know how i babysit next door?" Hearing hallie voice after last night left a bad taste in my mouth, She nods, wanting her to continue "our old house". My stomach twisted, it felt like i was day dreaming. I kept thinking about last night and how weird everything ended between us. "Well, I met their son the other night" jealousy took over, my leg bounced listening to the excitement in her voice. She moved on fast, I clenched my jaw "go on!!" Anna gushes. "Well um we sort of flirted and we exchanged numbers" that's why she ended the call with me last night huh.. I sort of felt used in a way. Anna claps her hands "what's his name? What does he look like? Give me all the details sweetie" I cringe at Anna's excrement, mostly from envy, hallie laughs and I catch myself smiling before mentally slapping myself "olay, well his name is jamie. He and he's so cute, tan and muscular with green and brown eyes and he's so sweet oh my gosh" my mom smiled at anna, moving next to her so hallie can see her. I sat quietly on the couch low-key hurt "the boy next door love story" my mom says happily, I wish I was the boy next door..but instead I'm the boy that live hundreds of miles away who just friendzoned her. " I hope so because he just asked me out on a date" the anger and jealousy was too much, I didn't want to hear how happy she was. I walked out into the balcony, I'm so angry but at the same time I can't even blame her because I was the one who ended the possibility of us. Im such an idiot sometimes. I sit put in the hot LA sun until the slide door opens "hey you ready?" Tyler stands with the door open, I nod getting up and following into the house. We asked the girls what they wanted before leaving, I knew Tyler had picked up on my bad mood "hey bro, what's wrong?" I sigh, I don't want to tell Tyler the whole story "just jealousyI guess you could say" I don't look at him to avoid judgement "jealousy? From who?" I look out the window "hallie" I whisper, I wanted to go back in time so I could shut myself up "hallie? You like hallie? I knew it!" I turn to him, he was smiling but once he made eye contact he frowned "what?" I run my hands through my hair "I'm jealous because I liked her, past tense, and she is going on date with the new hot boy next door today" Tyler scoffs "it isn't past tense if you're getting jealous right now Daniel" I regret opening my mouth, any time I do people make me feel more shitty especially when I already know " okay fine I like her, she likes me too but I told her last night I wanted to be friends and now today she had date with someone else and she moved on from me so fast. That's why I'm jealous and that's why I'm angry!" I rant, Tyler's eyes widen and he stays quiet taking in everything. I run my hand over my face in frustration, "daniel, you can't be angry with someone who you told to stay friends..you literally told her to move on" thinking about it now made me feel dumb, Tyler's right. "I guess you're right" I sigh slumping down into the seat "I just heard the way she was talking about this new boy and I sort of wished it was me" Tyler pats my knee "it'll be okay buddy, being friends won't be difficult" I shrug "I was the one who ended the possibility of us being something more" I look at the window, tyler exhaled deeply "yeah you kind of dugged yourself a hole there" the rest of the car ride was quiet besides the radio. It didn't help me though, I kept thinking about hallie, about the date she's going on and who she's with, I wasn't ready for a relationship but she was, that's why I told her for us to be friends. I didn't want to feel pressured but I also didn't want to hold hallie back. She can find some one, some one who isn't me, sadly..

Maybe this is how it's supposed to work, maybe I don't get the girl. You never know how the story will end. Maybe he's her prince charming.. Gosh why am I so corny.

Hes one lucky guy, I'll tell you that. She's so breathtakingly beautiful, talented, sweet, caring, loving..i could go on for days. She's a diamond amoung the coal, she's special. Although she's small, she's unique, beautiful, and a all around amazing and pure soul. Anyone in her presents should feel gifted. I messed this up, and I won't force it back. 

🌻

It's been awhile sorry, no motivation lately 😔