18

*

"Girl...girlfriend?" The word had slipped out of her mouth in a whisper without anyone realizing it had as she stared widely at his rather calm features.

That was a joke right?

"We are yet to make our relationship official but we are getting there soon" he ended by placing a quick kiss against her cheek and leaving Aria all confused.

"Whoa! I knew you two looked more than good together. You guys are perfect!" Samuel had said in excitement as he looked between Aria and Frank.

Sandra looked totally shocked as the extra blush on her plume cheek turned a darker shade of red.

Was she angry? Or jealous

Whatever it's she was feeling had to be concealed as she quickly put on a sweet little smile.

"You are right honey. I couldn't agree any less" she spoke with so much venom.

One could very much see that she wasn't pleased with the news.

Something tells her she was expecting a different answer rather than the one Frank had given. What could be his reason?_she wasn't sure but by keeping quiet, she has indirectly confirmed the lie too.

With the sudden ringing of her cellphone, Frank took that as an excuse to pull Aria away.

"Please excuse my girlfriend and I but we will be heading to our seats now"

He said nodding at the both of them before exiting their presence and pulling Aria along.

The moment they made it back to their seat and settled on it, the only thing he could think of was getting himself a bottle of whiskey which was totally out of his reach at that point.

But that didn't stop him from grabbing hold of the only bottle water in front of their table and downing the whole liquid in two big gulps.

He wanted to forget.

He needed to block out every damn emotions rushing back at him. Every feeling he thought he had successfully buried deep within the ashes of his past came rushing back the moment he laid eyes on her again.

To think that his very own heart would betray him yet again at the very sight of her? Would be something he never saw coming.

She still hasn't changed a bit.

Sandra was still as elegant as he remembered her to be. She still has the ability to unnerve him with those piercing gaze of hers.

Damn!

Aria sat across from his chair staring at his face that was going through a series of expression. He was saying so much without even saying a single word.

The constant twitching of his little finger not to mention the unconscious shaking of his left leg that was placed firmly under the table was word enough.

She knew him too well to also know when he is roaring like a lion on the inside while putting up a straight face.

But that's not what was causing her own discomfort at the moment.

The word 'girlfriend' hasn't stopped ringing in her ears even as she was beginning to get distracted by the comedian on stage.

Aria took a deep breath and even cleared her throat just to get him to look at her.

"So should I ask you what that was all about? or you will be kind enough to tell me without me asking"

Frank only scoffed at her question feeling really irritated.