16

*

Aria has been so busy settling into her new work place that she totally forgot about the upcoming book launch with  Frank.

It was as if her life has been fast forwarded to that very moment she has always dreamt of. Her own personal space with an incredible view to keep her mind relaxed while she take that well deserving break from the pile of manuscripts waiting on her table to be reviewed.

She never thought reading through other people ideas could be so mind blowing and at the same time demanding.

Her new boss was so polite and considerate. He took it upon himself and made sure her office was comfortable enough even though she wouldn't mind any of the possible discomfort at any point in time.

Everything was more than she had hoped for and she was totally thanking her lucky stars for it.

After two days of intensive training on how to go about her editing exercises, she settled in perfectly. The pay look promising even though it was nothing compared to what she was earning at the Okoji enterprise.

She was still cool with it.

Her mind wondered off to Frank and the upcoming event and couldn't help but shiver involuntarily at the thought of it.

His mere presence does things to her innermost thought, and sometimes causes her knees to grow weak with flags of butterflies waving around in her stomach.

Only God knews how she'd live through the night hanging so closely by his side without being so vulnerable in his presence.

Ever since she finally remembered everything they did that night. Nothing has been the same for her again.

Aria's thought were no longer peaceful and innocent like they used to be before it all happened.

She couldn't even bare to sleep at night without the thought of him invading her mind like a thief  in the night.

Her body arches at the memory of them being together and whenever he was close by; she just couldn't understand the forces pulling at her heart strings even though she was pretty good at masking it with distain.

Was that very night she had with Frank to blame for her mindless reaction to his presence or her raging hormone that has tasted the forbidden fruit that doesnt want to be subjected to a life of celibacy any longer.

After promising herself_no sex before marriage and breaking that same promise all together. Aria was left to battle with an unquenchable taste of what she swore never to have again even if it killed her on the inside.

Each night, she would toss and turn the length and breadth of her bed without catching a single ounce of sleep and waking up to yet another heart wrecking day.

Pushing the thought to the back of her mind,she let her eyes closed for a moment and inhaled deeply before glancing at the wall clock hanging on the blue painted wall. It was still 12pm and still has two more hours to call it a day since it was already weekend.

Her phone vibrated on her desk causing her heart to skip a beat as she jolted sightly before reaching for the little buzzing device.  She Sighed in relief when she scanned through the message.

For a moment there; she thought it was a message from Frank but obviously it wasn't as she had forgotten for a moment there how annoying these telecom networks can be when it comes to sending random messages in order to advertise one promo or the next.

Placing the device where she has picked it from. She leaned back against her chair still staring out the window.

To even think that someone who had invited her to an event would think of calling to remind her or just to make sure she was still going to make it,was an understatement.