17

*

The book launch started off quite early with lot of dignitaries in attendance_dressed in only the finest accessories in a bid to outdo each other just to named a few.

Frank was dressed in a caramel colored Italian suit that hugged his biceps just perfectly with a black tux that matches with his nicely polished black leather shoes. He looked like an elegant groom ready to walk down the aisle without a single hesitation.

Aria on the other hand was dazzling in her flowing chiffon gown by his side to top it all up.

Her makeup was quite simple. Just a touch of colors in the right places and just enough to leave her looking like royalty with piercing smoky eyes as she went about attracting more than just one head.

Every single head had turned at their direction the moment they made it to the entrance.

They looked like the perfect couple. Standing side by side with that charming little smile on their faces as they took a pose in front of the camera.

Apparently_there was a red carpet and a female reporter who was bend on seeking out the expectations of everyone about the upcoming book and who and what they could be putting on.

Very typical with the media

Holding her slightly by the waist, he pulled her closer before whispering into her ears.

"Can you relax a bit? You look tense"

"That's because am tense okay? I shouldn't even be here" she whined

"Well you are already here and you look great so suck it up and keep smiling?" He shot her a toothy grin causing her to roll her eyes at the annoying man causing her pluses to race at an unacceptable pace.

She can't even afford to think straight or relax with his hand hanging so low on her waist line with the cameras clicking away.

After a few pose and cheek wrecking smiles, Frank finally pulled her away with his hand still placed dangerously low against her lower back.

She took a deep breath and exhaled.

"I'm good now. Can you please let go of my waist?" Aria had told him with a warning glare.

"Oh okay" allowing his arm to fall quickly to his side.

This is more than she had bargained for. The event haven't gotten to the main part yet and she was already fuzzy in the head with all that has been going on.

Her eyes wandered a bit before settling on a distinct figure standing at the other end of the hall. She seemed to be excited as she was smiling and nodding happily to the people clustered around her.

Could it really be her? She thought to herself as she stared dreamily at the renowned and award winning Author. Aria had always dreamt of meeting her in person ever since her love for literary work took a different dimension.

Chimamanda Adichie is known for her impeccable way of writing which have inturned won her a lot of international awards over the years.

Not even in her wildest dreams, has she imagined she'd be standing just a breath away from her icon.

Frank who seemed to be watching where her gaze has suddenly traveled to, noticed the new spark in her eyes as she kept staring at the non aging author in pure admiration.

"Don't tell me you are also a fan girl miss Davis" He told her with a raised brow

Frank had startled her with his deep baritone voice as she swirl around to face him.