12

*Aria*

A week had gone by so quickly and taking all the drama with it.

Aria was left to pick up her life where she has left off while doing all she could to avoid all forms of contact with Frank who kept trying to get involved with her in one way or the next but to no avail.

She made sure to stay buried within the four corners of her apartment just to avoid running into him when she least expected. She even went as far as getting a new phone number._that way she'd stop getting his messages as well.

After a few more days of isolation_She decided to look for a new job as soon as possible.

She'd rather focus all her energy on doing something more productive than sulking over what she couldn't change.

Aria even got a few work recommendations from her older brother Larry who was working as a regional manager in one of the leading telecom industry in the country but had to turn it down for obvious reason.

Her father had did same for her six years ago with the Okoji enterprise and she had to leave it eventually.

She'd rather seek out her own opportunities this time around. It'd be what she really wanted not what someone thought she might liked.

Her best friend Lizzy on the other hand, had offered her a partnership at her fashion house as well but she rather not impose on her kindness. It was better she kept looking out for employment somewhere else.

It has been three months since Aria turned in her resignation letter at the enterprise. Apart from the fact that a lot has happened in those same months, she was still very much determine to find a suitable job for herself come what may.

Right when she least expected_she ran into a job vacancy in a publishing house requesting for an editor with at least a six years working experience and after sending in her résumé_ she got a feedback almost immediately informing her, that her name has been shortlisted for an interview the following week; much to her surprise.

Waking up that morning at 6am_ she quickly rushed over her morning routines and was ready before the sun could completely crawl out of its hiding place.

A nervous smile grazed her face as she stood staring at her reflection upon the dressing mirror that hung on her newly painted creme wall.

Dressed in a turtle neck orange cotton blouse and tucked into a black high waisted straight skirt that was seating right above her knee.

She completed her outfit with an equally four inches black heel sandals.

Aria looked absolutely breath taken as she continued to admire her reflection upon the mirror.

She was ready for that day. That editor position was hers for the taking and she was going to head over to the interview and prove it.

Picking up the purse containing her car keys and some of the required credentials in a brown envelope grasp in the other hand.

Aria was ready to bounce.

She unlocked her front door and had it secured safely from the outside and turned around swiftly only to find her face only a breath away from that of Frank.