The Plan

"...And so now I'm here with no idea on what's going on. All I want is to just hold her in my arms again. Is that so much to ask?!"

Link and Torrik were slouched on their chairs, indicating that they had been there for a very long time.

"Wow, some story." Torrik said.

"Yeah..." Said Link, "When is Jorulph coming back?"

"God knows what they're doing..." Mumbled Torrik, "uh... Soon, hopefully."

As if on cue, Jorulph walked over to their table, and appeared to be on cloud nine.

"Did she acknowledge your existence?" Asked Torrik.

Jorulph rolled his eyes.

"Well, I should be heading to the castle," Said Torrik, "I've been asked to stand guard in front of the King's quarters."

He got up and stretched his arms before leaving the bar. Link was left sitting down as Jorulph stood over him.

"Lets go," Said Jorulph, "We have many preparations to make in very little time."

Link nodded and got up, noticing that Jorulph wasn't a huge amount taller than him, but still tall enough to be considered middle height. Jorulph made his way out of the bar, and Link followed in his wake, trying to match his strides.

"Jorulph..."

They were now outside, walking through the deserted streets.

"What?"

"Why do you think my parents never told me the truth?"

Jorulph look over to see Link staring at the ground sadly.

"Come, on, just keep on walking." Jorulph said.

They carried on walking in silence.

"Its because it was probably for the best." Jorulph said after a while, "You were happy with them, were you not?"

"I failed them..." Link muttered.

"Maybe they were going to tell you, when you were a bit older," Suggested Jorulph, "How old were you when they-"

"Fifteen." He whispered, choking back tears.

Jorulph sighed.

"You were still too young. They were probably going to tell you when you were eighteen at the most," Jorulph said, "They just... Never got the chance."

Link could see the streets beginning to become blurry. The thought of what he did -or rather what he failed to do- pained him, and he could never forgive himself.

"Come on, cheer up." Urged Jorulph, "You have to have a clear mind for this next bit. Don't think, just do it. And, uh, just think of Zelda, or whatever makes you happy."

They neared the castle, and Jorulph ordered for the gates to be opened. They walked through the hallways until they reached Jorulph's room. He opened the door and allowed Link to enter first.

When Link walked in, he saw hundreds of bits of paper pinned onto every surface of the walls. Some containing information on other people; others with maps scribbled on them.

"Its taken so long to find you." Jorulph explained, "When I was in Hyrule, I didn't even realise it was you I was looking for until I 'caught' you In Zelda's room."

"So why did you chuck me in the dungeons?" Link asked.

"I knew you and Kogam were close," Jorulph started, "So when I came to see you, I ordered for him to be sent to an area near the dungeons, and I took extra care to leave the door slightly open."