A new life

Zelda was sitting at her dressing table, brushing her long blond hair. Her mind had wondered off to the ball last night. How Link swept her off her feet and twirled her around the ballroom. She looked at the ring he had given her. Zelda's mother was right, her knight did indeed give her a similar ring.

Zelda got up and twirled around the room and imagined Link dancing with her. She wished, With all her heart, to see her love right now.

As if on cue, there was a tap on her balcony window. Zelda saw Link, went over to the door, and happily opened it.

"Link!" She said happily.

Link took one step forward, then collapsed onto Zelda.

"Link... w-what happened?" She asked, worries.

Link groaned as he clutched his stomach.

"J-Jorulph..." he mumbled.

"What did Jorulph do!" She demanded.

"He f-found out..."

Zelda gasped.

"That doesn't matter. You need help." Cried Zelda.

"No!"

Link pulled himself to his feet. Zelda stared at the blood on the floor.

"We need to leave now." Said Link.

"L-leave?"

"We need to get out of here before anyone finds us." Explained Link

Zelda's breath quickened.

"What..."

"Pack your bags, let's go." Ordered Link.

"I can't just leave, Link!" She said.

"Why! Why can't you run away with me?" Burst our Link," you've always dreamed of doing it. Why do you hesitate now?"

"It's not that easy!" Exclaimed Zelda," I have a duty to Hyrule, I have to marry Jorulph."

Link looked at the floor guiltily.

"What did you do?" She whispered.

Link shook his head.

"What did you do!" She shouted.

"It was either him or me." He snapped," I don't think he's - "

"Why!" Zelda Cried," Why did you have to do it."

"Did you see what he did to me?"

Zelda paced around her room.

"What do I do, what do I do..." she muttered.

"Come with me." Said Link.

"Why should I go with you!" She screamed," You ruined everything!"

"Only because I love you, and I can't bear to see you suffer for what I did."

Zelda looked up at him, then ran over to him and kissed him.

"We'll run." She whispered.

She went around her room, throwing various clothes into a bag.

"But to where?" She asked.

"There's no time," Link replied hastily," we can decide when we're out of here."

Link made his way to the balcony.

"Wait, what about your wound?"

"I'll be fine..." he muttered.

Zelda went over to him, and Link assisted her to get down. Once they were in the garden, Link helped Zelda climb over the wall. As soon as Link landed next to her, he whistled for his horse, who came running to them.

Link jumped on and held it his hand to Zelda.

"It'll be fine." He said.

Zelda nodded, accepted his hand, and swung her legs over the horse. Link kicked his horse and galloped away from the castle.

"There they are, stop them!"

There were soldiers running to them.

"Close the gates!" Ordered one.

The gates were slowly being closed,so Link urged his horse on and barely got on the other side of the gate.

"Where to?" Asked Link.

"Try Hateno, We'll be able to lay low for a while before we can decide where to set down our roots." Suggested Zelda.

Link nodded.

~•••••••••••~

Zelda and Link arrived at Hateno Village, exhausted.

"Where here..." Said Link, tired.

Link steered his horse over a bridge and stopped at an abandoned house.

"I used to live here with my family." He said.

Zelda got down and opened the door. The smell of dust hit her like a tsunami. She coughed and waved her hand in front of her. Link followed her from behind, dragging their bags with him. He looked around the house, and his eyes began to water. Zelda held his hand and squeezed it for reassurance.

"Well, we should be alright in here, for now." Said Link," well, make yourself as home."

"It's like everything in here has been perfectly preserved." Said Zelda, in awe.

"It's exactly as I remember it." Whispered Link," I think I'll go unpack."

He went upstairs with the bags and left Zelda to circle around the house. She caught sight of a few pictures hanging on the wall and went over to them.

The first picture was a family photo. Two adults wee standing behind a teenage boy and a young girl. The second photo was of the same teenage boy and young girl, and they were hugging each other. The last was of the teenage boy, slightly older and in armour, with a sword and shield on his back. Zelda smiled, Link had so much history, a family, but never spoke of them, and she wondered why.

Zelda went upstairs to find Link. She opened a bedroom q found Link sitting on the bed, staring at his wound.

"Zelda!"

"You've lost so much blood, ins surprised you've lasted this long without medical attention." She said.

"I-I..."

Zelda went over to him, placed a hand on his chest, and gently pushed him back on the bed. She went over to her bag and pulled out a few bandages.

"I knew you wouldn't let me deal with it until we got away, so I brought some bandages with me." She explained.

Zelda day on the bed, and gently dressed the wound. Link stared at her, her eyes full of focus. He smiled.

"There, all done." She said.

Link looked down to see his torso bandaged up. He smiled and held her hand. Zelda leant over and kissed him, and Link held her close.

"Link..." she whispered.

"Yeah."

"I want to marry you."

Link looked at her, confused.

"If my father can make me marry a man I don't love in a week, then I can marry a man I dearly love tomorrow." She explained.

Link looked into her eyes and could tell she meant it.

"If that's what you wish." He replied.

He pressed his lips on hers.

"Tomorrow then?" Link asked

"Tomorrow we shall be united, for all eternity."

Not gonna lie, I don't think I did a good job with this chapter, but with all the excitement from the last chapter, I needed to update, pronto. Anyways, it looks like we have a wedding on our hands...