♡ Puffs, My Best Friend ♡

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐁 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒°

💧·˚ ꒰🍥; 017. // puffs, my best friend ˊˎ

. . [I don't care if you're sick

I'll still kiss you because

some people are worth catching a cold over] ˎˊ˗

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"ATCHOO! GUAH..."

"Y-Y/n-chan, are you alright? That's like the seventh time in five minutes."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm alright. Just a-sniff... tad bit of dust here and there. It's nothing. Just caught me by surprise is all, heh-heh!"

You carried on clearing the windows from specks of smudge with a cleanser-dampened washcloth, stopping occasionally to let out sniffles. Naruto relaxed against the propped couch cushions, locking wary eyes on your working body unknowingly letting off the occasional shiver. He wasn't trusting it one bit. You were sneezing way too much for his liking. Something wasn't right.

"I think you might be sick Y/n-chan," he tried to reason. "You're never like this. You should take a small break for good measure so you can try to relax and-"

"No, I'm fine. Really, I'm fine. Don't worry so much, okay," you cheaply reassured. Naruto's expression only switched to more doubt at your words. He knew it was a poor shot at covering for the truth of the matter, failing horribly. The way you swayed told him so. "I'm just... It's just I'm... Ah, ahh, ahhh... AHH-TCHOOO!" You tumbled onto the floor at the powerful force, sorely grabbing your spinning head as you went.

"Y/n-chan!" Naruto rushed to your side and placed a supporting grip around your lower back. "Okay, that's it. No more. You're sick Y/n-chan! You need rest. Come on, enough with the cleaning already, and let me take care of you." 

You glanced at his concerned expression with refusal and defiantly attempted to retort. "But Naruto. The house, I-sniff... I need to-"

"Uhht! Now, now baby," he intervened, an uplifting smile gracing him. "You've done enough." 

Picking you up, Naruto carried you bridal style down the hall and to the bedroom. He froze at the edge of the cushioned mattress and peeled back the covers with a free hand before snugly laying you in them. Cautious fingers precisely tucked clementine-colored comforters around your sore figure, careful to avoid rash movement.