♡ I'll Be Here in the Morning ~ Pt. 2 ♡

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐁 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒°

💧·˚ 🍥; 040. // i'll be here in the morning ~ pt. 2 ˊˎ

. . [Qɪᴄᴋ ʀᴇᴄᴀᴘ:

"It wasn't normal for Naruto to act that way. You understood, given the present situation, a contrasted disposition was a given. But you'd just never seen him like that. So distant. So unwilling to start conversation... or was he?

You stopped that question.

It's frivolous to dissect the details of his reaction. It would do you no good. Instead, you stayed in that apartment the rest of the afternoon, witnessing the despondent sides of you and Naruto unfold.

And for the third and last time, words forgot who you were."] ˎˊ˗

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

NIGHTTIME CHILLS trickled off him. Naruto, returning from his leave, shut the grunting door of the apartment.

He didn't know how long he'd been out. Ten hours. Ten minutes. Ten seconds. It all was the same.

In that time, however, he'd visited the local 24-hour corner store he'd known since childhood. It was there he occupied its outside bench, his legs not striving for inspiration to walk and defective.

That bell of their opening door chiming in the wind spoke of familiar days. Fond recollections of saving money to buy their biggest deal on packaged ramen met him when looking at its fluorescent flickering sign.

Blink. Blink. Blink, it reassured.

He'd marched in through those ringing doors and come back out a new man, gallons of ramen in his backpack and tasty delights weighing his shoulders.

Those were the memories. He needed them now. Desperately so. For whom was he without them? They'd brought him here, carrying and directing to this day.

Today.