27.

-Liam's POV-

1 YEAR LATER

"Harry?" I yell through Harry and Louis' flat as I walk in the door, walking to the back bedroom when no one answers.

"Yes?" Harry says, buttoning up the last few buttons on his shirt, then fastening a cross on his neck. 

"Myself and the driver have been waiting outside for 10 minutes, Harry. I sent you a text to be ready at noon, didn't you get it?" 

"Of course, but I was hungry so I went to the Subway down the street for some grub."

Shaking my head with frustration I say, "Are you ready?" 

Rather than answering, Harry reaches into his closet and pulls out three separate pairs of boots-- one pair brown and the other two black. He puts on the brown ones, stands up to look in the mirror, shakes his head, then sits on his bed to put on one shoe from each pair of the black boots. They look as if they go together, but Harry doesn't seem to see their similarity as he studies them with harsh eyes.

"Which one goes with my outfit?" He asks me, furrowing his brows at the image in the mirror.

"Both of them," I say, trying to hurry things along.

"Liam, which one matches, jade black or raven black? This is important."

"Oh my god, Harry! They look exactly the same! Just pick a pair and hurry the hell up, if we're late to another interview management will have our heads!"

"Fine, calm down. I'll go with the raven black boots," He chuckles, putting on the matching shoes, "Will the other lads meet us there?"

Shit. Shit. Shit. I think, unsure of how to tell him that it will just be the two of us. For the past few months, management has tried its very hardest to separate the five of us and distance Louis and Harry. And needless to say, so far they've succeeded. 

"It'll just be us today... Louis, Niall, and Zayn will be doing some writing for our next album today."

"Four isn't even out for another two weeks, why are we beginning the writing process again?" He asks.

"We both know why, Harry. They just want you and Louis to be separated in public, none of us have any control over it. You just have to wait it out, these tough times will pass eventually and management will leave us all alone," I assure him, patting his shoulder.

"You keep saying that, but they've been controlling our every move for four years now."

"C'mon mate, don't worry about this stupid interview, " I say, changing the subject, "You'll see Louis later, they can't separate you two forever. Louis will probably be in the next room over, knowing management."

"Of course he will be, why wouldn't he be? They just fucking love to torture us."

My heart aches at the sight of Harry, my happy and loving friend, so filled with rage and sorrow. It hurts to see my best friends treated like caged birds, never allowed to fly free, constantly weighted down by this world's rain of incompetence and hatred. 

"Let's get going, the sooner we get this over with, the sooner we can see the other lads-- the sooner you can see Louis," I say, hooking my arm around his shoulder and leading him outside to the waiting driver. 

1 HOUR LATER

"Well, I told the twitter-sphere, by the way, that I was seeing you beautiful boys today and they went wild," Lucy Jones, the interviewer, tells as as we begin the interview.