7.

-Harry's POV-

I promised one day that I'd bring you back a star
I caught one and it burned a hole in my hand, oh
Seems like these days I watch you from afar
Just trying to make you understand
I'll keep my eyes wide open, yeah

Don't let me
Don't let me
Don't let me go
'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone
Don't let me
Don't let me go

I sing, Niall strumming his guitar to the beat of the song.

I finished the song i've been working on and I let Niall know the minute I did. He rushed over to my flat with his guitar ready, telling me to sing it and let him 'work his magic'.

Don't let me
Don't let me
Don't let me go
'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me
Don't let me
Don't let me go
'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me
Don't let me go
'Cause I'm tired of sleeping alone    

"Wow, this is an amazing song Harry," Niall praised, strumming the last note of the song.

"Thanks, I wasn't sure I was going to finish it before but i'm glad I did," I say, smiling at the reason I was able to finish it.

After my little meet up with Louis, I had the sudden urge to finish the song. Something about being around him after so long apart made me cherish Louis even more and want to finish it for him.

"Louis would love it," Niall says, his voice softening.

"I know," I say, smiling at him genuinely.

"So have you been working on anything else lately?" Niall asks after a moment.

"Yeah... but it's not finished yet," I say, the last words coming out rushed.

"Show me what ya got!" He says cheerfully.

I nod my head and flip to another page with a new song i've been thinking about, handing him the journal only to have him shake his head and hand it back to me.

"Sing it," He says.

"I've only got the chorus..." I mumble.

"Just sing it."

"But--"

"Sing. it."

"Fine," I huff and look at the words on the page, letting the words come out of my mouth as if they belonged there.

You and I.
We don't wanna be like them.
We can make it 'til the end.
Nothing can come between
You and I.
Not even the Gods above
Can separate the two of us.
No, nothing can come between
You and I.

Oh, you and I.

Niall just looks at me for a moment, processing my words before he smiles and claps like a damn 5 year old.

"Oh, shut up," I say, laughing at his child like actions.

"That was amazing," He said, chuckling at himself silently.

"It's only the chorus," I blow him off.

"I just know that the song will be perfect when it's finished. It has great potential!"

"You think too highly of me." 

"No, you just think too lowly of yourself," Niall says, furrowing his eyebrows.

He is right though, I don't think very highly of myself; I never have and I don't think I ever will. I'm just plain ole' Harry, nothing special.

"You look like you need a good hug," Niall says, an evil smirk appearing on his face as he gets up and walks over to where i'm sitting on the couch and pulls me into a huge bear hug.

Settling into Niall's warm arms, I let myslef relax and go back to a time where I wasn't sad all the time. It didn't last long though before I started to think about now.

"I miss him," The words slip out.

We don't even need to explain to one another what we mean anymore, it's pretty obvious who 'him' is.

"I know you do, but he'll come around eventually," Niall reassures me.

"How do you know?" I ask, already knowing what he is going to say but needing to hear the words for myself.

"A wise man once said, 'nothing can come between you and i'. And I have faith that this man is right." 

"What if he's not?"

"He always is," Niall concludes and I leave it at that.

*****

Once Niall leaves, it's 10 pm and i'm tired so I send a quick text message to Louis before bed.

To: Lou

Goodnight Lou. -Haz x

-Louis' POV-

My phone buzzes on the dinning table of my flat in front of me as Eleanor goes on about a dress she saw at TopShop that was 'to die for' in her words.

From: Haz

Goodnight Lou. -Haz x

I get butterflies, the same ones I got when Harry and I first started dating.

God, I love him.

To: Haz

Goodnight love, dream sweet things xx

With a stupid, love sick grin I look up from my phone to find Eleanor staring at me with a curious look on her face.

"What?" I say, putting my hand in front of my mouth to hide the grin that Harry has given me.

"Is that Harry?" She asks.

She knows the answer, she just wants to hear me say it.

"Yes."

"Hmm..." She hummed.

"How did you know--"

"The neighbors told me everything. They saw the show you and Harry put on the other night quite well from their kitchen." She giggles.

"Shit," I curse under my breath.

"Why didn't you tell me, Louis?" Her soft voice filled with excitement.

"I'm supposed to be falling in love with you, remember?"

"Let's be honest with ourselves Louis, You love Harry way too much to just forget about him and you'll obviously never love me the way you love him."

"And?"

"And i'm okay with that. I'd rather you be happy with Harry than miserable with me."

"Really?" I say, surprise clear in my voice.

Eleanor lets out a genuine laugh, sadness or remorse nowhere to be found on her gorgeous face.

"Yeah," She says, taking my hand in hers and kissing the top of it sweetly before setting it back down on the table.

"So what does that make us?" I ask the question i've wanted to ask her since she first became my beard.

She doesn't say anything for a moment, her face scrunching up in thought.

"Allies," She finally answers, a devious smile crossing her usually innocent face.

What have I gotten myself into?