5.

-Louis' POV-

 "Well... it's a long story..." I say, shifting uncomfortably.

I want to tell Liam the truth about all of this, I am just afraid of what he will think of me after he knows it. I just pray that he says we can talk about it later so I have time to plan what i'm going to say.

"I've got time," Liam says, smiling genuinely for the first time in what seems like forever.

Shit, now I have no choice.

I guess there is no turning back now.

"Fuck, where do I even begin?" I mumble to myself, wishing I had thought more about the reasoning behind my actions before hand.

"Just start at the beginning," Liam suggests gently, obviously aware he is walking on eggshells right now.

I nod, clear my throat, and let the words just flow out of me.

"About a week before I broke things off with Harry, I got this idea. I basically thought that I could make myself fall out of love with Harry if I distanced myself from him and saw someone else," I said and paused to make sure Liam was with me, he nodded and I continued, "and that's where Eleanor came in."

Liam shakes his head, making sense of what little I just said. I can almost feel the disappointment radiating off his body.

"You good, mate?" I ask, his alert eyes meeting mine.

Nodding his head he says, "Yeah, go on."

"Right, well... the world already thought me and Eleanor were together so I decided to ask her to do this for me," I said.

"And she agreed to it?" Liam says, shocked.

"Yeah," I say, suddenly guilty for bringing Eleanor into this even more.

"Just like that?" He says, wonder and confusion masking his words.

"The thing is... I knew she liked me already and I figured that her feelings could possibly rub off on me. She did too at the time," I say, staring at the carpet.

"You had to have known it doesn't work that way," Liam mumbled to himself, still loud enough for me to hear.

 I ignore his comment, knowing he is 10000% right.

"I only did it because I was tired of hiding such a massive part of myself. It took more out of me than I let anyone think," I admit, pulling my sleeves down to cover the cuts Liam had noticed not too long ago.

"More than it does now?" Liam says harshly.

Is he... mad?

"I don't know... probably not..." I say, the last part coming at as nothing more than a whisper.

"I've never seen you look more like shit than you do now, Louis. And I know it's because Harry isn't there," He says, his angry glare softening at the mention of Harry.

God, I'm such an idiot! I haven't even thought about what my actions have done to poor Harry.

But instead of asking like I want to, I continue my story.

"I thought long and hard about my decision and broke things off with Harry," I conclude, not wanting to say anymore than I must.

"And do you still think you made the right choice?" Liam asks, his eyebrows furrowing as he puzzled through the story in his head.

I open my mouth to speak, but close it right away. I was going to say that I did, but I think we both know that is a damn lie. It's painfully obvious we're a mess without each other.