She's a Screamer(Clexa)

“You are about an inch away from becoming a human koala, Clarke.”

“It’s cold.”

“I told you to bring your jacket.”

“You always tell me to bring a jacket.”

“Because you are always cold.” Lexa sighs, leaning to the side to glance toward the front of the long line. They are finally nearing the entrance to the haunted house, and she is grateful, because Clarke is trembling in the cold and the guy standing behind them smells like both a flooded brewery and a burning pot field smashed into one. “I’ve been living with you for three years. I know you better than you know you.”

“I know me pretty well,” Clarke says, pressing her cold nose to Lexa’s cheek and bouncing on her heels to try to keep warm.

“And know you even better.”

“Whatever,” Clarke grumbles. “Is the line moving?”

“At a snail’s pace, but yes,” Lexa says, smiling and turning to press a cold kiss to Clarke’s forehead. “Are you ready to scream your head off?”

“Ha.” Clarke snorts and pokes Lexa’s side. “I never scream.”

“You always scream.”

“When?”

“Every year.”

Every year? Really?” Clarke drawls, and Lexa’s grin widens.

“Every year,” she confirms. “Really.”

“You scream too.”

“Only because you do,” Lexa defends. “Your scream is enough to scare the hair off a cat. It’s a chain reaction, instinctual. I’m never actually afraid.”

“Sure you’re not.”

“I’m not.”

“Okay, Lexa.”

“Seriously, I’m not. Everything is fake. The makeup is well done here and the sets and props are nearly film quality, but everything is still fake, Clarke. I don’t find it scary. Entertaining, sure, but scary, hardly.”

“Okay, Lexa.”

“Stop saying ‘Okay, Lexa’. I’m serious. I’m not scared.”

“Okay, Lexa.”

Lexa shrugs her shoulder to bounce Clarke’s head away from where it is leaning against her, and when Clarke looks at her, amused, Lexa glares. “I hope a fake werewolf eats you.”

“I thought only you were allowed to eat me?” Clarke whispers, nipping at Lexa’s jaw. She laughs, low and raspy, when Lexa’s cheeks redden.

“I hope you slip in a pool of fake blood and bruise your ass then,” Lexa says, and Clarke laughs out loud.

“You’ll just rub it until feels better, so who really wins?”