You're the Lion to My Raccoon(Clexa)

She was running with all her speed. Her breath became jerky, her muscles began to hurt her. She looked over her shoulder to see if she was followed. Pauna was still after her, more threatening than ever. She tried to speed up but her paws couldn't run so fast. She focused back on the road to avoid trees, but too late. She couldn't avoid it. She collided with an animal three times bigger than her. When the young raccoon realized what she ran into, she instantly regained consciousness and moved back with fear. An almost adult female lion faced her, a little bit dizzy by the recent choc. She had never seen a lion before, she just heard of it in the legends told by her family.

"I-I'm sorry..." apologized the raccoon. She stood back even more on guard.

"No, no, it's ok..." answered the lioness shaking her head to comeback in reality.

The ground began to shake, Pauna was approaching, the raccoon remembered why she was running.

"Well... you shouldn't stay here." said the little animal "Run!"

The raccoon began to run again, leaving the lioness alone, without more explanations. The feline blinked her eyes and understood. She ran off like a scalded cat and rushed in the same direction as the raccoon. In a few strides she caught up the little animal. When she arrived at her side she grabbed her by her neck to raise her off the ground to help her run away. The raccoon, hanging by the neck, pivoted on herself and saw Pauna behind.

"Faster!" she screamed.

"I can't go fafter! I do wfhat I can!"

The lioness used all her resources and rushed. The gorilla rushed too and became dangerously closer.

Luckily, the two fugitives arrived in front of an enclosure's door. The Lioness entered without any hesitation, she threw the raccoon inside and speeded up to push the door who slammed in a snap. Pauna rushed in the door but she couldn't enter. She was banging against the metal door. The raccoon, which had rolled on the floor, shacked to snort and timidly approached to the other animal.

"T-thank you..."

"It's normal!" answered the feline with a large smile, showing her menacing teeth "What's your name?"

The raccoon hair bristled, she didn't dare answer.

"I scare you..."

The lioness lay face down and pouted. The raccoon hesitated for a while and finally approached gently. When she was near to her muzzle she blew over and shacked her tail.

"My name's Lexa, and you?"

"Clarke!" answered the lioness while she stood up.

"How did you land here?" asked Lexa.

"My family kicks me out of the pack." answered Clarke putting her head between her paws.

"Why?"

"They... they said I'm different..."

Lexa got alert and toured the lioness, watching every angles.

"I've never seen a lion before, but based on what they said to me, you seem very normal!"

Clarke smiled but a thud made them blench. Pauna was always striking against the door.

"I think we're stuck in here for a little while" said the raccoon.

"What have you done to her?! She's really pissed off!"

"Nothing! I... As usual, I came to close of her lair and then..."

"As usual?! It's not the first time?"

Lexa balanced several times her tail, without answering, with a guilty look on her face.