Mikey's Dilemma

'Carlos, how you gonna escape from this prison? It's almost impossible,' asked Mikey.

'I got a plan, but I am gonna need your help,' said Carlos.

'No chance,' remarked Mikey. 'I am not gonna risk a longer sentence, because you think you're innocent.'

'You'd rather be locked up in a cell, than be able to stroll through landscapes of fresh air?' Questioned Carlos.

'Well, I suppose-,' Mikey tried to reply.

'You'd rather eat bread and butter every morning, as opposed to a fresh sausage and bacon sandwich?' Carlos once more questioned. 'Tell me Mikey, is the life you want to be living? Is it?'

Mikey thought long and hard about this. What if Carlos really had a plan that could work? He could escape. He would not have to have cold breakfast every morning and do the laundry. He would have freedom, in the wonderful streets of Los Angeles. But too much freedom? He would become a fugitive. He would spend the rest of his life on the run from the police. He wouldn't be able to travel, work, get educated. What was the point of escaping if he couldn't do what he always wanted to do? But what was the point of letting himself be locked up, when he could have freedom?

Mikey was in a big dilemma. He knew he had to make a choice, soon and fast. After taking several moments to take in the facts, Mikey knew what he was going to do. Mikey had made a decision. But had Mikey made the right decision?

'So, Mikey, what you gonna do?'