Chapter Fourteen. Part One

Feeling the kind of joy you get to experience only when you're madly in love. Nnadia smiled at her husband. Captivating him with her doe-like eyes. 

" If you believe that a beautiful smile of yours is going to stop me from getting angry with you, then you're definitely mistaken," Abdullah said to her when they were finally alone in her room. 

" But..." Nnadia started. 

" How long were you planning on keeping me in the dark about our baby. Aren't I supposed to be the first person that you inform?" Abdullah asked, frowning at her. 

" I... I was planning on telling you. I tried calling you but.."

" But what? You very well know how much I've been praying for God to bless me with my own little family." He vented quietly. 

Coming closer to him, Nnadia pouted her lips childishly. " Sorry my love, I had no idea that I was pregnant until a few hours ago." She explained to him sweetly. Abdullah sighed lazily and knelt down in front of her. He kissed her stomach and spoke. 

" Hi baby, this is your dad." 

Nnadia beamed with joy, tears threatening to fall from her eyes as her husband read duas for their unborn child. This was pure bliss. She thought. Her husband stood up and stared at her in the eyes. She couldn't believe it but shyness was sipping back into her and she lowered her gaze instantly. 

" I already packed my things a long time ago. I didn't want us to delay going back home." She told him. Abdullah didn't reply, he continued to stare at her and brought his face closer to hers. His lips came in contact with her cheeks lightly, then he proceeded to her eyelids. Shyly turning her head, Nnadia's lips collided with his and she clung to him, desperate to preserve the closeness that they shared. His kiss lingered, deepened. Sending sweet flames of hunger curling through her. His gentle fingers touched her face, her neck, tender feather-light caresses that snatched the air from her lungs. 

" God. I missed you so much, my wife. And thank you for this wonderful surprise." Abdullah said touching her stomach, after finally separating his mouth from hers. Nnadia couldn't help but smile. 

" I missed you more baby daddy. But how did you get here so soon." She asked. 

" Just to surprise you, but your own surprise turned out to be even better." He replied with a smile. They were still lost in each other's gaze when they heard someone clearing their throat to get their attention. Both of them turned immediately to see Salma standing at the door giggling sheepishly. 

" Mom asked me to come help you with packing. But if I'm interrupting anything then I will leave." She teased and Nnadia's cheeks colored. 

" Thanks, sweety, but there's no need. We're almost done here." Abdullah said to her. 

" Okay," Salma replied, leaving from there in a hurry. 

Abdullah chuckled and Nnadia shook her head at his shamelessness. 

" What?." He asked, smoothing a hand over her hair and traced the curve of her ear. Nnadia blushed. 

He went into her closet and started bringing out her things. A few hours later, they were finally home. 

" Alhamdulilah," Abdullah said out loud as he parked the car in front of their home. " I'm so happy today." He told her and he leaned over pecking her forehead. 

" Me too," Nnadia replied with a smile. Her husband alighted the car and walked over to get the door for her. 

" Thank you." She said quietly.