Chapter Seventeen. Part One

" You are glowing so much, my daughter." Abdullah's mom said, happily plaiting Nnadia's hair into two braids. 

" Thanks, mommy. The same can be said for you too, right mom?" Nnadia replied, turning to her mother. 

" That's true." Her mom replied in agreement. 

" I guess it's the joy I feel because I'll soon become a grandma. I couldn't be happier than this and I can't thank you enough." Abdullah's mom told her with excitement. 

" You're right, Fatima, our children have really made me happy." Nnadia's mom added. 

The three of them were sitting in the living room chatting happily. Since her mother in law's arrival, her mother's visits have become even more frequent and they both loved taking good care of her. They wouldn't let her lift a finger and that made Amina and Maria to go green with envy. These days they would rather spend their time outside the house than stay to watch the two older women dotting lovingly on Nnadia. 

She was thankful because whenever they meet, there is always someone else. Especially her mother in law, who hasn't left her side ever since she arrived. So Amina and her friend had no chance to cook up lies against her. 

" Tell me, Nnadia, what do you want? A boy or a girl?" Abdullah's mom asked her. 

" Any of the two is fine with me, mom. All I pray for is safe delivery." Nnadia replied with a blush. 

" Insha Allah, you will deliver safely my child." Nnadia's mom said excitedly. 

" Ameen." Abdullah's mom added. 

" Good morning, mom," Abdullah said walking into the sitting room, his appearance always stole her breath away. 

" My sweet mom in law, you're here too, good morning. How have you been? And dad, is he fine? " He said to Nnadia's mom. 

" We're both fine, thank God, my son. How is work?" She enquired. 

" Work is fine, thanks to God mom."

He lightly touched Nnadia on her shoulder. 

" Good morning, beautiful." He said smiling down at her. Nnadia blushed hard. She has been blushing more often these days. Especially when he is around. 

" Morning." She replied inaudibly. 

" So, Abdul, I was just asking Nnadia what she wants. Boy or girl. What about you?" Abdullah's mom asked him excitedly. 

" Actually mom. I just want my wife and child to come out of this safely. It doesn't matter whether we have a boy or a girl. The truth is, that child is the symbol of our love, and is Allah's gift to us." Abdullah replied with a smile. Nnadia smiled like a fool by his response. 

" I'm going to work now, Nnadia. I'll call you when I reach the office," Abdullah said to her. 

Getting up from the sofa, Nnadia spoke. " Let me see you off to the car." 

" No need. Just relax." Abdullah said to her and she frowned at his words. 

" Have you forgotten?" She spoke softly, glancing around to find their moms staring at them. 

" Forgotten what?" Abdullah asked her, baffled. 

" I'll tell you on the way, let's go," Nnadia spoke hurriedly. 

With brow raised, Abdullah replied. 

" Okay." He clasped her hand with his. " I'll see you in the evening mommies." He waved at their moms.