Chapter Twenty One. Part Two

Nnadia was getting nervous after her husband left to talk with Maria. Her mind painted pictures of Abdullah shattering Maria's heart, and she couldn't allow it. She thought that Maria was also pregnant and if her husband does not marry her, then the innocent child will suffer the most. 

" I must stop acting selfish," Nnadia said to herself. " I can't allow for the child to be taunted illegitimate all through his or her life. 

With a new found energy, Nnadia raced towards the stairs in hopes of stopping Abdullah even though he had been gone for over five minutes. By the time she climbed half way through, she was panting like someone who just came out of a marathon. 

" Hey. How many times have I warned you to walk slowly?" Abdullah said, startling his wife. 

" I wanted to meet you urgently. Have you told Maria?" She asked, almost panicking. Abdullah rushed down to meet her. 

" I didn't get the chance. But why the hurry, don't you trust that I'll do as I promised?" He enquired disappointedly. 

" No." Nnadia was quick to correct him. " I trust you but I don't think that you should tell her anymore." She said and Abdullah raised his brow in question. 

" What?" 

" Look, hubby, when I was acting up and begging you not to marry her, I didn't take one important thing into consideration," Nnadia said. 

" What do you mean?" He asked again. 

" The child. That child is your blood and also the same blood as the twins. If the child grows up being called illegitimate and differentiated from his siblings then that will be a grave injustice. The child is not at fault. He did not bring himself into all this drama." Nnadia finished.

" You mean that you want me to marry her?" He asked from shock. 

" Yes. Please marry her. I promise that I'll never fight with you because of it. I'll love the child just as much as I love the twins. Please." Nnadia begged. Abdullah just stood there staring at her in awe. ' How can someone have such an innocent heart.' He thought.

She looked at him pleadingly with those beautiful does-like eyes of hers. Abdullah felt bewitched by them. Everything about her enticed him. He decided to toy with her a little. 

" You know that if I marry her then I'll have to share my time equally between you two. I'll also have to romance her a lot." He said and saw Nnadia frown a bit. 

" Yes, I know." She replied. 

" And you still want me to go ahead with it?" He asked. 

" Yes." She replied sadly. 

" Will you attend the wedding then?" He asked, smirking mischievously. 

" No," Nnadia replied, hitting his chest playfully. " Don't push it." She warned him. 

" Ahahahahaha." He laughed.

" I thought you were trying to become a heroine or something." Abdullah jokes. " Anyways I'm not going to marry whether you want me to or not." He told her firmly. 

" But the child." Nnadia tried to argue. 

" My decision is final." He told her sternly. 

" But..." Nnadia started again. 

" You're way too talkative these days. But I know exactly how to shut you up." He said leaning in to capture her mouth in a kiss. When he released her lips, Nnadia opened her mouth to speak and Abdullah realized that she still wasn't going to let go of the topic.