BONUS CHAPTER 2- Joonki & Jaehyung: The Untold Office Romance

JOONKI POV

In all the years I've known Taeyoung, this was the first time I've ever felt he was being sincere about pursuing a relationship with someone...

At first I was worried he wanted to make Hyunwoo into his plaything, like he did with some of the young men he found online, but after the first few months of Hyunwoo working for us, I saw a change in his demeanor...

He became overly conscious of Hyunwoo's movements. Became concerned about his well being, especially after a few incidents when Hyunwoo was injured. So my hesitations at first slowly disintegrated.

It was baffling to witness... but I accepted it. Especially after the night they spent together. When I could tell Hyunwoo was serious about that idiot, I had nothing else left to say... the closer I saw they got, I couldn't interrupt that little bubble they formed around themselves. Like they were the only two people on earth who could understand each other...

*

I pinched the bridge of my nose before taking off my glasses...

After Hyunwoo was discharged from the hospital, I was still spending my nights at the company...

Not that I minded, but it was taking a toll on my body.

I prided myself on my appearance and these days I was looking a little haggard.

I got up to get some coffee in the break room. I looked at my watch, and it was a little past 8am...

After filling my mug I turned around, and I was unexpectedly met by a giant figure. I jolted. The lack of sleep put me on edge.

"Jaehyung!" I looked up at him, his bangs still in his face... I stared up at him while holding my chest. I wasn't wearing a tie or jacket. I probably looked a little indecent. Before I inquired about why he was there, he brought forward a medium sized brown paper bag that was filled. I looked at it and then him. He gestured for me to take it.

I put my coffee down and then took it from his hands.

There was some food inside. He probably bought it for me... when I looked up he was gone again like the wind... what an odd guy...

Ever since I first met him 5 years ago, he's always been a little awkward around me. A little clumsy and quiet... but still, I'm sure he's a very considerate guy...

I sighed, taking my coffee and food back to my office where I took a break before starting my work again...

After a few more hours, I took a nap on the couch. When I woke up, I decided to venture out to get some lunch. When I did, I saw a cute little key chain at the convenience store. It had the image of a dazed, wide-eyed cartoon bear. I smiled... I couldn't help but be reminded of Jaehyung... from what I remember, Minah told me he collected little knick knacks like this... and I wanted to thank him for earlier.

So I picked it up with my food.

After lunch I went to the Jaehyung's department. When he saw me he cowered a little. I then walked up to him, pushing my glasses up my nose a little. No one else was around. I opened the palm of my hand and presented it to him. He looked up at me confused, a little shocked...

"This is for you... to thank you for earlier..." Jaehyung looked like he had seen a dead ancestor. Half-shock and amazement... what was up with this man? Before I pulled my hand away he took it from me.

"Thank... thank you..." he mumbled, looking at the features delicately. He raised it in the air like he was holding up a medal he had just won. I crossed my arms.