Unexpected Run-In's

Monday morning arrived, and I headed out to work.

When I walked into the front entrance of Chae Gaming, I greeted a few people I was becoming closer to. I got along with everyone on the security staff. 

In the morning, when all of them were gathered for a brief 'recon,' I usually stopped by to check in on the team.

Despite my hesitations at first, each day I came to work it made me feel like I was getting used to this place...

"Hyunwoo!!!" I turned around and Minah was there. I excused myself from a few security team members and she pulled me forward.

"Are you free tonight?"

"Tonight... I think so...why?"

My dad didn't have any classes for me to take over... but what did she want?

"Sunbae told me... I might have given you a bad impression of myself... so I wanted to invite you out for drinks with Jaehyung"

"Bad impression?" Minah smiled and nudged my arm.

"Maybe it's just an excuse to go out for drinks... but let's get along, alright?"

"Sure..."

"Jaehyung is going to pick me up at my place later. We'll swing by your house after. So send me your address"

Before I could say anything more, she left. Although I didn't want to be disrespectful to anyone working in a higher position at Chae Gaming... being around Minah... made me feel like something unpredictable was going to happen. Even if she meant well...

After some minor contemplation I decided to shrug it off and meet with the President.

When I opened the door, he was there. Back turned, on the phone, staring out of the window. 

I decided not to disturb him, so I walked over to the bookcase, skimming through some titles...

After his phone call, he turned around.

"Hyunwoo, you're here... good, I have a favour... can you bring this portfolio to Joonki for me?" I walked over to his desk and he handed it over to me.

"Is there any trouble, sir?"

"Not at all..." The President smiled at me and I took the folder to Joonki.

Afterwards, I stopped by to make us some coffee.

When I placed the mug on his desk, he looked at me surprised.

"I thought you might like one as well," he grinned once again and thanked me.

I walked over to sit on the couch, wondering about what deadlines he was probably racing to finish. He usually stopped to look at me during the day... but today was different...

When I reminded him of lunch time, he said that he would pass for today, which was a surprise. When he told me that I should go and enjoy my break, I wondered what else I could do for him...

After I left his office I decided to get him something to eat at his favourite restaurant.

After grabbing my portion as well, I thought I would be heading back to the office, but I ran into someone I least expected to... Jisung.

He was glaring at me while I exited the shop.

"It's you..." he said and I sighed. I had hoped this would end well...