Two Worlds Apart

Taeyoung let the warm water stream over his shoulders.

That damn Joonki... another long day full of meetings...he didn't let him rest one bit. Taeyoung stayed in the shower a little longer to relieve the tension in his body...

Once he was out of the shower, he walked over to his room. When he opened his door, he said: "Alexa, play my R&B playlist"

"Yes, sir... turning on your R&B playlist..."

Taeyoung stretched a little before heading over to his walk in closet. He sifted through his pajamas and found the pair he wanted to wear.

The silk boxers pressed tightly against his skin...

He lingered in his room a little before taking a stroll to the wine cellar. He picked up a vintage 1975 Merlot and brought it up to his room.

After pouring himself a glass, he sat in silence, closing his eyes... thinking about the notes in the song... they were drumming in the back of his head...

A new bodyguard... he thought to himself. It wouldn't work out.

His phone chimed and he picked it up. Taeyoung smirked. Another cutie messaging him... but he would have to pass tonight... he wasn't in the mood.

Although he could last a long time when he was tired, Joonki was still on his mind. The last thing he needed was thinking of that guy when he was in bed with another person. It gave him the shivers thinking about it...

Instead, he would be a good boy tonight, like Joonki requested, and get some sleep. He had an even bigger day tomorrow...

Taeyoung yawned and decided to go brush his teeth. When he finished, he hopped into bed and turned off the light...

*

Should I wear a suit?

I didn't own anything formal... and besides, that guy knew I wasn't rich to begin with. They do say a guy should own at least one suit in his life, right? But I wasn't that guy...

I decided on a simple pair of blue jeans and a button down white dress shirt I had left over from my high school graduation. Not overly formal, but still professional looking. I grabbed a hold of my wallet before leaving the house. My dad had left early again, so I only had to avoid one of our nosy neighbors.

I crawled over to my car, and snuck inside before backing out of the driveway. When I got onto the freeway I exhaled a little... this would be just fine... I knew what I was getting into and I had nothing to lose. My family... the dojang... was more important than a moment of insecurity...

I followed the GPS to a huge company with beautiful, large glass doors at the front. I parked in one of the guest areas and patted down my shirt before walking towards the building that would be considered my new 'workplace.'

I was a little nervous, so I kept wiping my hands on my jeans. When I walked up the reception area to announce myself, they gave me some direction to Joonki's office.

I got to the elevator and thought I would be riding alone, but a woman raced towards the doors before they closed. I braced them open for her as she slid in. She smiled at me and gave me an approving nod. We stood in silence together before she stepped back, looking at me. Up and down... I must have stiffened and she laughed. She pointed at me.

"You... must be Lee Hyunwoo?" I turned to her, surprised.

"How did you know?"

"You just told me," she smiled and I finally got a better look at her. She wore RayBan style eyeglasses, a shirt dress with black jeans. She had converse on, which I was a little startled but relieved by... "hey! Did you really take on a guy with a knife?" she started wiping her hands around fiercely. "I've only played in 2D, but I can imagine this and this!" she started moving her hands wildly. I started at her. "Sorry, I'm a gamer at heart... you sounded pretty cool when sunbae talked about you..."

"I see..."

"I'm Minah. I'm a lead marketing manager here," I suddenly got nervous again.

"Oh! Yes, of course. Nice to meet you!" the elevator bell rang and she waved at me before leaving. It was also my stop and the elevator doors nearly closed on me again. I brought my hand out to go out. I sighed, telling myself that I could do this.

Be as brave as you are in the dojang... just take it easy...

I walked over the smaller reception area and they pointed me in the direction I would be going. When I got there, I opened the door.

Joonki was standing there. He had a coffee in one hand and a document in the other. When he saw me he put his coffee down.

"You're here earlier than I expected, Mr. Lee"

"Mr. Seong..." I walked in, and he gestured for me to sit down.

"I assume you read through the contract," I nodded. "Good, then all I need to do is ask you to sign and you can get started as soon as possible..."

No matter what... no matter why he wanted me to work for his boss... there was one thing for sure, I wouldn't persist in asking any more questions. A year of my life compared to the years my parents worked hard to raise me... for all the suffering Hari has gone through... this would help my family and that's all that mattered right now...

The conditions of the contract were fair. I didn't lose anything by helping this president... I knew I could do this...

After signing the contract, he looked over it briefly and then nodded, closing the folder again.

"Alright, now it's time to get you some appropriate attire"