Fated To Love You

When I opened my eyes, I lifted my hand in front of my face. The sun was incredibly bright.

Where was I?

I sat up and looked around... I had been laying on the grass. Surrounded by wildflowers. Ahead, there was a river glistening underneath the sun. I smiled... I felt warmly encased in light.

"Hyunwoo..." I turned to the right, and I couldn't believe my eyes...

Mom...?

She was sitting next to me with her legs crossed. Her eyes were smiling at me. It looked like she had a halo of sunlight over her head.

A well of emotion surfaced from my chest and into my throat.

My lips trembled... where should I start? Was this real?

I leaned into to hold onto her. She smiled while wrapping her arms around me like she used to do, soothing my back with her hand.

"I....I... thought I would never see you again," I couldn't help but cry in front of her... she was no longer in our lives. And of course I missed her... this may be a dream, I thought to myself.

A dream I never wanted to wake up from...

"I... never left your side, silly." my mom then reached over to pat the top of my head.

Moments later we parted, and I sat in front of her. She held my hand in one of hers and then reached over to touch my cheek.

"I told you to always be careful."

"I'm... sorry...."

"What has your life been like?"

"I... it's been good... I'm taking care of the family"

"Mmm"

"Hari will go back to school"

"Yes"

"And dad won't ever sell our dojang"

"Hmm"

"And..."

"And...?"

"Where... are we?"

She then smiled at me and briefly looked up at the sky. She then placed her other hand on top of mine and sighed.

"A place... most of us end up someday."

"Mom, can you come back home with me?" she then shook her head.

"I can't leave, son."

"Then I'll stay!" she then shook her head and squeezed my hands together.

"It's not your time."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll... understand one day..." she then chuckled and leaned in to kiss my forehead. "I'm glad I got to see you again."

"Mom...?" the clouds above us suddenly darkened a bit.

"Hyunwoo... have you fallen in love?" I then blushed, unable to control my emotions. I thought of Taeyoung immediately. I couldn't admit it... but I couldn't deny it either. It seemed like she already knew.

"There... is someone waiting for you..." I stared at her blankly.

"I... know... but I want to stay here longer."

"Until the day comes when we can see each other again... you have to promise me once again... that you'll be happy," my tears started falling again. My mom started to wipe my tears for me and then grabbed a hold of me, hugging me tightly once more.