一 ↬ Kei's Team

Start from the beginning

But Kei slammed the door closed before he could even finish his sentence.

"......."

He then sighed while closing his eyes, before looking at his younger son.

"Teenage years, aka the awkward age.... That's what it is, Takei..."

The small boy looked back at his father, before a playful smile made its way on his face.

"Well, I just hope you won't reach this age too soon," the silver-haired man then said, smiling back at him.

He still had time before that happened since Takei was only eight years old.

He had short spiky silver hair just like his father, but he had his grandmother's eye color, unlike his elder sister. And in terms of facial features, he had his father's facial features.

Meanwhile, Kei finally got to the Academy just in time after running like crazy to go there. She didn't even take the time to catch her breath once she had entered the building as she burst into her classroom to join her classmates.

A wide and bright smile spread across Mirai's lips as her eyes landed on her best friend.

"Kei! Thank God, you're finally here!" She exclaimed cheerfully.

Kei stopped right in front of her, and greeted the other female with a small smile, trying not to breathe too heavily.

"What's up?" Mirai asked her worriedly, her smile having faded, "It's not like you at all to arrive so late at the Academy. Usually, you get here early," she pointed out.

"Yes, I know... But don't worry, it's nothing serious... Sorry, Mirai, I didn't mean to make you worried..."

"It's okay, now you're here. I just wanted to make sure that you didn't have any problem," Mirai replied smiling a bright toothy grin.

Kei smiled back at her.

Both girls looked at each other intently.

Mirai was wearing navy blue pants with black shinobi sandals (just like the ones they have in Boruto) along with a pale pink top with a red collar and a short sleeved blouse of the same colour with a navy blue collar. And she was wearing her forehead protector on her forehead.

As for Kei, she was wearing a black tight skirt which reached the middle of her thighs with fishnet tights and her black shinobi sandals along with a white mesh and long sleeved shirt and a white crop top underneath. And she was wearing her forehead protector on her left forearm, just like Shikamaru used to. And she had knotted the bottom of her mesh shirt on her right side. And her silver hair which reached the middle of her back was tied in a ponytail. And small strands of hair were hiding her forehead.

Their Sensei arrived not so long after.

"Good morning, class."

"Good morning, Sensei," the class greeted him back.

Today, they were finally going to be put on different teams now that they were genins.

"Oh Jeez! I'm so excited!" Mirai chirped. "I really hope that we're gonna be on the same team!"

"Alright class; I'm going to start to reveal the different teams. So... Team One..."

Both girls waited for their names to be called expectantly.

"Team Seven. Hatake Kei, Ogawa Daisuke, and Suzuki Yori."

Mirai's face fell in disappointment as she discovered she wouldn't be on the same team as her best friend.