Chapter 13 : Breaking A Layer

Start from the beginning

All my struggle to keep them inside went away as they freely streamed down my face. Sam immediately hugged me and I hugged her back.

I held her tightly as she returned the hug with same intensity.

"I w-was nine years o-old....," I started.

There was no need for me to hide this from her. I have no idea what kind of magic she worked, but the things I couldn't bring myself to tell Kinsy, I told her within a month of our friendship.

Maybe it was because, even though I said that Kinsy was my good friend, I couldn't bring myself to call her my best friend.

I told Sam about the whole incident and how it affected me.

"Is that why you had a panic attack in front of the cafeteria?" she asked.

I nodded.

I was about to say something when my phone rang.

I let go of Sam and wiped my tears away, before picking up the phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Agent Jerry?"

"Oh hey Agent Tom. What's up?" I felt a lift in my mood instantly.

"By the way I checked out the video you sent me," she said referring to the video of Candy's reaction to the superman video," and let me tell you... It was AWESOME!"

I laughed," So that's the reason you called me?

"No. I just wanted to tell you that you made me cry a lot today."

I scrunched up my brows in confusion. "How?"

"Well, I just saw my son entering with a Minie mouse t-shirt which made me laugh. But what made tears sprout out of my eyes was when he told me that you kicked him out of your house," she began laughing again.

I let out a chuckle. Aaron's parents and I were quite close. We had nicknames for each other. I called Candy's mom. Agent Tom and she called me Agent Jerry

"Oh God. You just made my day," she said after sobering up.

I heard some shuffling on the other side of the line before a new voice spoke up.

"Hey Cupcake, I swear, the things you make my son do, those are almost impossible for me to make him do too," Candy's dad said with a chuckle.

"It's not that big of a deal, Daddy-bear," I replied.

"You don't know that-," he was cut off when the phone was taken away from him.

"Thanks a lot muffin. You just made me the laughing stock of my own home," Candy's voice came through the phone. I knew that he was pouting right now.

"Awww. And here I thought I did you a favor by making your parents laugh," I said faking a hurt tone.

"Yeah right. Anyway, you owe me."

"Nuh-uh. I don't owe you anything."

"Yes you do."

"No, I don't," I argued.

"Yes, you do."

"No I do- wait a minute. Listen here AARON JAMES PELT, YOU STILL OWE ME MY CARTON OF CHOCLATE SHAKE! AND IF I DON'T GET IT WITHIN HALF AN HOUR, YOU ARE AS GOOD AS DEAD. DO YOU HEAR ME?" I yelled.

"Y-Yes ma'am. Right away," he said cutting off the call.

I laughed.

I turned around to see a dumbfounded Sam on my bed.