"It's okay...I understand. I'll try to come back to see you later, when you feel more like having company," the man said to him softly before he stood up. 

He had been kneeling down so he would be at the eye level of the boy. 

He then turned his attention to Kabuto who hadn't left the boy's room. 

"Come, I'm going to see you out," Kabuto said solemnly. 

Kakashi nodded and shortly after Minato's door was closed again, leaving the boy alone with his thoughts and his loneliness. 

He ended up looking up again, his eyes landing on the window which was in front of his bed.

He stared out of it blankly before he turned his head to stare at his door. Even if he wished to stay alone, he was still intrigued by the man. 

So he decided to stand up and to leave his room to go see the two men. He tiptoed his way out of his room to get to the corridor near the main entrance of the orphanage, being the discreet boy he was. 

Anyway, he remained hidden behind a wall as he could hear Kabuto speak, leaning against it, being so silent that not even his breathing could be heard. 

"You won't be able to hide the truth from him indefinitely. Sooner or later he will have to know it."

"I know that. But I don't think now is the right time."

"I don't think there will ever be a right time to tell him. He needs to know everything. And the sooner the better."

"I will when I deem it necessary."

"I wonder how the Godaime-Sama would react if she knew what was happening behind her back."

"Are you threatening me?" 

"This was not meant to be a threat. I just want yo to know that what you are doing is not good."

"Because you think I am proud of my decision? It's just that...The last will of a dead person is sacred...."

"......"

"I just want to protect him...And protect Mai..."

"I know the decision you had to make wasn't an easy one, and that you're doing what you think best for them, but he needs to see the real world. He can't spend his whole life here."

"......"

"And she needs to see him. Can you imagine how she must be feeling?"

"I am well aware of how she has been feeling. And when she learns the truth I'm certain she will never forgive me.... That's why I'd like to wait some more time before doing anything...."

"I see...Still, don't take too long. He needs a real family."

Kakashi nodded before finally leaving the building. 

Minato's eyes were wide in shock and confusion. He was frozen in his spot, unable to move. He thought about what the two men had been saying to each other, trying to make sense out of their conversation. 

"Minato?" 

Said boy started as soon as Kabuto said his name. 

He glanced at the man worriedly. 

Kabuto looked at him earnestly before he came to kneel down in front of him. 

"This man...Who is he? I want to know who he really is!" Minato asked in distress. 

"........"

Kabuto let out a small sigh. 

"I'm sorry, Minato.... You weren't supposed to hear that conversation..."