Prologue

A/N: Hey! So this will just be a short prologue to introduce the story! So enjoy!

-----

In Konoha's orphanage, there was a small raven-haired boy with black onyx eyes. His name was Minato. Uchiha Minato. He had never met his parents and this made him sad. He often wondered what his life would have been like had he had a family. 

He was only five years old but despite his young age, he was already very mature. 

The door to his room suddenly opened, making him focus his attention on it. The one who had opened it was the man in charge of the orphanage, that is Kabuto Yakushi. The only person that was close to both a mother and father to the small boy. 

"Minato," he started saying softly, "there is someone I'd like you to meet."

The boy was intrigued by these words, immediately wondering who this person was and why they had come to see him in the first place. 

Next to Kabuto was now standing a silver-haired man with black eyes similar to his (and this is of course Kakashi). 

"Hello Minato," he greeted him softly. "You probably don't remember me, but I'd like to spend some time with you, if you want to, of course," he said grinning at him behind his mask as he said the last part of his sentence. 

Minato stared at him intently, examining the man carefully from head to toe. He tilted his head to the side as he was doing so. 

"Who are you?" he asked him with his soft voice, puzzled. 

"My name is Kakashi. You don't need to know my last name."

"...But...How do you know me?"

Kakashi's expression became one of sorrow. It was breaking his heart to see the little boy here, all alone with no family while he still had his mother. And all the more so as he had been supposed to become the father's child and raise him. And he didn't like the thought of lying to the boy.

"Well...Let's say that I care about children who are orphans because I used to be one myself," he replied, smiling.

Minato's eyes widened slightly. 

"Really?"

Kakashi nodded. 

"That's right. I've never known my mother and I lost my father when I was your age."

This revelation saddened the small boy. But at the same time this made him somehow happy and relieved to know that he was not the only one to have been an orphan. Yet, at least, and unlike himself, Kakashi had known his father...

"So...What would you like to do while I am here?" Kakashi inquired, still trying to be as natural and smiley as possible.

Minato looked down at the wooden floor. He then seemed to get lost in his thoughts for a while

"Sorry...But...If you don't mind...I'd like to stay alone...." he eventually trailed off, avoiding eye contact with the man. 

Minato was the type of lonely and solitary person. He didn't really have any friends. Although he wasn't the only orphan in this orphanage, he had trouble making friends, or make his friendships last whenever someone was willing to become his friend. Mostly because he was highly quiet, and shy. It almost looked like as if he were afraid of other people, all the people he didn't know. As if he was too afraid to open up his heart and express himself. 

Kakashi knitted his brows as his heart was clenching in pain. Minato's voice was so broken and held so much pain in it. It was hard for the man to take it.