35

{ naja }

Just like we'd planned, I met Kentrell out front. Everybody just been starin, but not sayin shit. In this school, a lotta hoes like Kentrell, and wanna ruin what he got. They only settled for Bre, because she was popular. Me on the other hand, don't fuck with none of them. They gon try to fuck up everything, and make it seem like I'm a hoe like they already do. Even though, I'm not with that boy.

Ben and all them met us by his car.

"What's the move?" Boomer asked.

"Yeah, what y'all on?" Three said.

"Ion know, what y'all tryna do?" Kentrell asked. I guess I wanted to hang out, because I never do anymore.

"Studio?" KD asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Studio?" I questioned. The fuck we gon do there? Before anybody answered me, Daja and Kay walked up to us.

Daja gave me a real mean ass look. I been tryna be cool, but this hoe just won't let shit go. It ain't my baby anyway, so if she wants an abortion, I ain't gon stop it. I said it one time, and she holdin a grudge bout it. That girl really bitchin.

"Boomer, can we talk?" She said. He nodded his head, and they walked away.

"Hey," Kay said.

Everybody greeted her back in unison, except for me. I ain't feel like sparkin no conversation with her.

"Is yo name real name Kay or is it short for sum?" Kentrell asked her. Ion know why he wanted to know anyway. He shouldn't be worried bout that. You know what, I just needa chill. It ain't like he's my nigga.

"It's Kaylyn," she smiled.

"I like it." He said, which really made me feel some type of way, but I'm so good at not showing it.

I guess Ben could still tell, because he interrupted them. That boy see right through my front, I swear.

"Y'all said the studio?" He said.

"Do you rap?" I asked Kentrell, cause I know Ben ass don't, but ion know bout the rest.

"Sum like that." He replied.

"I never would've known."

He smiled at me, then I noticed Kay staring at us. She looked away when she realized I seen her, but I hope she not catching feelings for this nigga.

"Ima pass on the studio, actually. But do any of y'all needa ride?" He asked.

"We don't wanna interrupt," Three laughed, as we all dapped each other up, and they started their walk.

{ kentrell }

I started back going to the studio a week ago. I been rappin for as long as I can remember, I just ain't ever put myself out there like that. There's a local studio downtown, and the producer steady telling me I could be a star, but I can't depend on that shit.

"You don't want me to hear you?" Naja asked me, as we got in the car.

"It ain't like dat. I just got some ideas, and ion want you to hear my shit til it's all done." I replied.

"Ima hold you to that."

"What you mean?"

"I wanna hear you rap," she said, as if it was the most obvious thing ever. It was, but I just got a habit of asking what somebody means.

"Bet." I smiled, as we drove off. I had sum planned, now that she wanna hear me rap. Maybe I'll make a song bout how much she means to me, cause ion think she knows it yet.