5

{ naja }

When I got home from school, I had to deal with my mom yelling at me about how late I got in last night. I guess she pressured Robert into telling her how I got in. Earlier when she tried saying something to me, I just walked out the door, so I just know she been waiting to do this.

"Why you was out so late? Hoeing or what?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes, "No, I was chillin with a couple people for a minute."

"You don't gotta take that approach," Robert chimed in.

"You ain't her damn daddy!"'

He sighed, and put his head down. Part of me felt bad for him, because I think he really likes my mom, but even I know he ain't gon be around for long, cause she gets tired of niggas quick.

"You ain't gotta be so mean to him," I said. I didn't wanna show that I felt bad, but I did, and there ain't no denying it.

"Now you standin up for him? Why? Cause he let your stupid ass in the house even after I said don't come back," she spat, staring at him.

At this point, they were having their own argument. I didn't bother asking her about the party, I just planned on going like I do everything else.

...

My mom had fell asleep early from drinking so much, but Robert promised me he'd be up to let me in. He becoming somewhat cool in my eyes.

I was riding in Zay's brand new SUV. He had money — well his parents have money and he got it made. He lived in a real nice part of Baton Rouge, too.

"You look good," He said, as he quickly looked at me, but then focused back on the road.

"Thank you, so do you," I replied.

The rest of the ride we just got to know each other a little bit. Just small stuff like our favorite colors and shit. When we arrived, I fixed myself up. I'm truly anti-party, but maybe this one will be different. He opened the car door for me, and I thanked him. He locked his car, before putting his hand in mine, which took me by surprise. As soon as we walked in, a lot of people showed him love. There were drinks lined up, and people were passing around blunts. I started coughing.

"Are you okay?" A girl came up to me and asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Are you alone? You can come over here with me and my girls," she replied. I don't be trusting nobody like that.

"I'm not al—" I turned around, and seen Zay had been across the room talking to some niggas.

"Actually yeah I'll come." I said. This nigga done left my side already.

I started to have fun with these girls. The one who came up to me is Kandi, and her friends were Tay, and India. They were so open to me hangin with them, and it's just so weird, because I ain't used to that.

I still don't trust them.

"Can you take a picture of Naja and I?" Kandi asked. I didn't know why she wanted one with me of all people, but I ain't say shit.

I posed, and Tay took a couple pictures. We agreed on a picture, before she posted it. I didn't ask for her Instagram or nun cause I really ain't care bout the picture. I knew I wasn't posting it, I don't know her like that.