32

{ naja }

I went through the whole day without opening my mouth to say nun. In between classes, I'd see Daja with Boomer and all them, but no Kentrell. I really hope he ain't mad about me talkin to Noah, cause if that's the case, I should be furious.

I can't say I'm not on the inside, but I'm good at not showing it. I continued my walk home, until I felt a tap on my shoulder. It had been that Kay girl. Ion know why she feel the need to get to know me or sum. I can't do friends, especially not females. I'm glad she sit far from me in third period. I'm also glad my seat got changed in fourth, so I ain't have to sit by Joe and Boomer anymore. All they gon do is bring up Kentrell.

"You need sum?" I asked, taking my headphones out.

"I just noticed you was alone all day. I been wanting to ask if you was cool, but I didn't, cause you don't know me. It's just the kinda person I am," she replied.

"I'm cool." I said.

"Kay," I heard behind me, and we both turned around. It had been Daja.

"I'll catch you," she smiled, and left. Daja makes friends so fast, and I just don't see how she does it. Why does she let so many people in?

I put my music on, and continued walking home. When I got there, I realized Kay and Daja had still been behind me. She inviting that girl over here like she knows her or sum.

I used my key to get in, and seen my mom.

"How was school?" She asked.

"Good," I lied.

"That's good."

Not wanting to continue the conversation, I went up stairs. I got my textbooks out, and a piece of paper fell from one. It had been Noah's number. I wasn't going to text him, but I have to move forward at some point. Maybe he can help me do that.

Me
Hey, it's Naja 😌

I put my phone down, and got to work on my makeup shit, waiting for him to text back.

{ kentrell }

"And what made you leave today?" Ben asked me, as we all hung out at the trap after school was out.

"My head just wasn't in it." I replied.

"Kentrell, you need to be in school. It's important we all make it outta here together. Fuck I look like makin it without all y'all?" He said. All of them agreed with him, and I did too.

"From now on, I won't miss no more days." I promised. He nodded his head. I don't really think I can keep it. At this point, I'm sayin what he wanna hear. He's right, though. Makin it ain't the same if I ain't with my brothers, so I gotta get my shit together.

"So, what's up with you and Daja?" I asked Boomer, changing the subject.

"Yeah, since you made my babymom yours," Ben joked.

"She's getting an abortion. I'm too young to take on that part. It's already so much on my plate." He replied.

We all see where he's coming from. He ain't wanna have no hoe ass babymom anyway.

"I feel it," Three said.

"Fuck them kids," KD exclaimed.

I couldn't help but laugh, cause only that nigga would say some shit like that.

"You goin to hell," Joe laughed.

"He down bad," Ben said. Sum bout him off today, but I ain't ask, cause if he wanted to talk about it, he would.

"What's up with you and Blasian, since you in my business," Boomer asked.

"That ain't my bitch," I bluntly replied. I blocked her on everything, and it only took like two days of knowing her. Bitch is crazy, so she had to go.

"She can be for me," KD replied.

"Ion want her crazy ass, have her." I laughed.

"Actually fuck that, what's up with you and Naja?" Joe asked me, changing the subject. I ain't ever told any of them how shit was going with us, cause I ain't want to. It's sum I ain't proud of.

"I didn't even see Ben talk to her today," Three said, saving me. Everybody was now focused on the fact that he didn't talk to her all day, because we all know they close. I wanna know, too.

"She never wanna hang out or anything, and she used to always want to. She just been real distant. The other day when she was supposed to come here, she ain't even show. I mean, she could've easily said she wasn't coming. Then she don't talk to me about nun, so I'm just confused, and have no words, so I didn't talk to her. I'll still defend her name, though. It don't matter what terms we on." He explained.

"I know, nigga, we almost fought," Three replied, and we all laughed. Shit can feel so serious in the moment, but funny as hell when you look back at it.

I wanted to explain to him what really happened, but that would mean I'd might as tell them what happened between me and her. The real reason she left is because of me. If Bre would've never publicly embarrassed her like that, then nobody would know anything. Jonai threw it in her face like a basic hoe would, and made her leave. I'm not hiding it for my own reasons, I'm just protecting her, because if she wanted Ben to know anything, then he would. I might've fucked up, but I accepted that I genuinely care for her. Ion even like seein her conversate with another nigga, but she don't want nun to do with me and I gotta accept it. It's weird, cause when we was fuckin, I never thought of it as just sex. Man, ion know what I thought.

I just waved it off when I got drunk and thought about her, but now she be in my thoughts heavy, when I'm sober as a bitch. It's sum I gotta get past.

"You get so weird when her name gets brought up," KD called me out.

"Yeah, nigga. It's like you be on mute." Ben agreed.

"What am I supposed to say?" I asked.

"You fucked her before me," Joe said, laughing, but I ain't find it funny. Ion want none of them talkin bout her like that. I can't get mad if I ain't tellin them nun, though. But I still did.

"Why say shit like that?" I asked.

"What you mean?" He asked.

"You know what, I ain't even gon do nun of that. Ima fuck with y'all," I said, and left the trap. Fuck it, I ain't finna argue. When my anger gets the best of me, shit really get ugly.

Now that I think about it, if I really wanted to better myself I would go to those classes my mom talked about. Nevermind, I get through shit on my own. They can't say nun I ain't already heard.

I got in my car, and just started driving. I ain't have nowhere to go, but I'll end up somewhere.

...

Noah
Kentrell not gon get mad if he find out you texting me? 😂

Naja
That ain't my nigga so why you bringin him up like you scared or sum

Noah
I ain't never been scared of dat nigga I'm just a loyal nigga n wanna know 😂

Naja
Oh, forreal? 😂😂

Noah
I mean it

Naja
Everybody says they mean sum when they don't

-

SFSS FEB 21ST 🕺🏽🕺🏽🕺🏽🕺🏽