34

{ naja }

The next day at school was normal for me, except I talked to Ben, and Kay a little, because she ain't creep me out that much today. Daja had been avoiding me, it seemed like. All I did was tell her that she should think before getting an abortion. I can't even explain how much I hate the idea of it.

Second period came, and Kentrell was the only one in the class when I arrived.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." I replied, before sitting in my seat. The bell rang, and the class started filling up. I never texted Noah back last night, so when he came in class, I just knew he was gon say sum.

"Why you ain't text me back?" He asked.

"Probably cause she ain't want to," Kentrell butt in. I sighed, cause there ain't no need for this.

"And that explains it all," He simply replied, before turning back in his seat.

"Attention," The teacher said. Kentrell looked at me, but I acted like I ain't notice.

{ kentrell }

That nigga be bitchin when it come to me. Ion like 'em, he know that. He definitely not finna talk to Naja no more. She might as well dead that shit, cause I ain't playin.

"Why would you do that?" Naja whispered.

"Stop actin so hard," I plainly replied. She didn't say anything back.

"Is there sum y'all would like to share with the class?" Mrs. Garnon asked, causing everybody to stare at us, except Noah. He never turned around again.

"Naw, we done talkin," I spoke for the both of us. The teacher rolled her eyes, and went back to talking.

KENTRELLGAULDEN
You gon meet me somewhere at lunch? In the hall by the library

I seen her phone flash in her pocket, but she didn't check it. I sighed, before I started to pay attention.

...

I was talking to KD when Bre had the nerve to come up to me.

"I'm finna go cut the lunch line," KD said, leaving us to be alone.

"Bro, why the fuck you steady tryna talk to me?" I spat.

"Kentrell, I miss you. Like everything about you. I regret not being a good girlfriend. I know you deserve sum so much better, and I'll change for you... I promise," she replied.

"It's too late for all that fuck ass shit. Ion wanna be with you no more so go and find a new nigga to bitch at, cause I been through," I bluntly said, as I seen Naja walking up the steps. I pushed past Bre, who I knew for a fact had that dick look on her face.

"Let's just go to the hallway by the cafeteria," I said. She did nothing, but nod. I can tell she's not so sure about this, but I can't live my life like ion care for Naja sum crazy.

"Alright, what do you want?" She asked, looking down. It's like she ain't wanna look me in my eyes. I think I made her feel way worse than I thought.

"I miss you. A lot."

"Do you?"

"I ain't lyin."

"I ain't ready for this conversation," she replied.

"What do you mean?"

"If I talk to you, I might end up doing sum I regret."

"You regret messin with me, huh?" I asked. She ain't say nun, so I knew what it was.