6

{ naja }

I sat silently as Kentrell drove me home. I was gon walk, but I just can't right now. He had a really nice Honda Accord, but that ain't important. He tried to make conversation here and there, but I felt mad at myself. I had buku thoughts runnin through my mind, and I really didn't feel like talking.

His phone started blowing up, and it was sitting on the glove compartment, so I could easily see who was calling. It was Bre. I started to tense up, because I know I'm the wrong one in this case. He looked at me, before answering his phone.

"I'm bouta be home, I stayed at Beenie's." He lied.

"No, I ain't go to that party."

"It was loud as a bitch, we was listening to music."

"Ite, ima text you when I'm home."

The call ended, and I just looked at him, "You gon have to tell her the truth sooner or later."

"What, or you gon tell her?" He asked.

I didn't say anything.

"I see how it is."

"I understand you don't see this as wrong, but I do. I mean, I ain't gon be the one to tell her, she not my bitch." I replied.

"The truth always comes out." I couldn't stand how calm he was about this. I know what he said about him and Bre's relationship, but no nigga should be this careless.

I didn't respond, and I pointed at the house that was mine. He parked in the front, and I got out without saying anything. He just drove off.

I feel like I'm not the same person I was last night. I seen Robert looking through the window, before opening the door.

"You said a couple hours," He exclaimed quietly.

"Okay, but I'm here now, so what's the problem?" I asked, pushing past him. I winced in pain, man I can't be walkin that fast.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied, and headed upstairs.

{ kentrell }

That was like my third time cheating on Bre. I had no remorse, cause I feel like she just don't do it for me. I felt like a new man or sum, I don't know. She know about the first two times, but I think ima keep this one under wraps.

Bre just gon tell everybody at school, and Naja gon get talked about, and I ain't with none of that. A lot of people don't like her, and I don't know why, but don't say nun bout her around me.

I pulled into the driveway. My mood changed when I got here, because I hated being around my mom when she was drunk, and she drank almost every day.

I locked my car door, and found the house keys. As soon as I unlocked the door, the smell of alcohol, and cigarettes hit me hard.

"Kentrell, where you was at?" My thirteen year old brother Ken asked, coming from the living room, as I closed the front door, and locked it.

"I was at a party." I replied, because I don't be lying to his big head ass.

"Was there girls? Was it fun? Why you didn't invite me?" He exclaimed.

"Nigga be quiet, where's mom?"

"Mom hit Lashonda last night." He said, ignoring me.

"Why?" I asked. Lashonda was our sister, but I usually call her Teelee. I don't know why this nigga call her that long ass name.