10

{ naja }

Monday came, and I didn't want to go to school at all. I spent my whole weekend sad as a bitch, thinkin bout how much better I would feel if I ain't ever go to that party. I would still be sad, but not like this.

"Bye," I said to my mom and Robert.

"See ya!" He replied, but my mom said nothing. I guess she wasn't as drunk as I thought she was. Her feelings still "hurt." My remorse went away after I realized nun I said was a lie. I realized that last night too, but it really hit me that she don't give a fuck bout me so why would I care bout her? Honestly, she's still a kid in my eyes. She don't ever have a job, so she gets all these niggas that pay the bills for her.

Robert been around for a good month now I think. Yeah, she finna go find someone else real soon. I can tell by the way he be lookin at her that he really likes her, but I doubt she feels the same.

I started my daily walk down the street, and heard the usual, which is Ben calling my name.

"Friend, you walkin weird," He said.

"You coulda said hi or sum."

"Hi, but you walkin like you hurt," He laughed. I haven't had sex in a long time, so it was like losing my virginity again I guess, but for some reason I felt no pain until after. It's affecting how I be walkin and everything.

"I'm chillin," I replied.

"Naw, you definitely got some dick," He said, geekin out. It's too early for this nigga to be so hyper.

I shook my head, "I fell off my bed in my sleep last night." I came up with a lie quick as fuck. He laughed like a bitch, but he believed me.

We both arrived at school, but I didn't get dirty looks because I came in with Ben. Him and his homies the ones you don't fuck with around here, cause I guess somebody died....ion know the story, but I'll never bring it up cause NOBODY talks bout it. It's just sum you ain't supposed to do. I do be wondering if it's actually true, though. It's just way too extreme.

The first thing he did was walk up to Kentrell and them, and I just headed for my locker. I could feel somebody staring at me, and when I turned around I made eye contact with Kentrell, but he went back to talkin, and I went back to rummaging through my locker.

My feelings fucked up right now. The bell rang, signaling it was time to go to class. When I turned around, I seen Bre walk right past Kentrell. I think he told her....

{ kentrell }

I seen Ben walkin up to us with Naja, but she went to her locker. I scanned her up and down, cause she fine as a bitch forreal. I think she tryna avoid me or sum. I ain't expect her to turn around, but she did and I was lookin right at her. I turned my head back around, and joined the conversation, like that outfit she was wearing ain't make me wanna fuck her.... sober.

"Here comes ya bitch," Three exclaimed.

When she walked right past me, they all gasped.

"So what's goin on now?" KD asked.

"Nun. I'm happy." I smiled, but that shit was fake.

"Yeah, Yeah. Them bitches a be back together next period," Ben said.

"Say, I seen y'all arguing on Instagram," Boomer laughed.

I shook my head, as the bell rang.

...

Bre🖤
I can't stop thinkin bout the fact you said you fucked one of my "opps" it's funny cause you prolly ain't lyin 😂

Me
I'm in class bro stop textin me

Bre🖤
U ain't that busy cause you responding so tell me who you fucked
read at 8:23 am

"Can I have that?" Mr. Amiri asked, pointing at my phone.

"Do you pay the bill?" I asked.

"Listen, you failing right now, so either give me the phone or just drop out boy!" He exclaimed.

The whole class had been looking at me. I sighed, and gave it to him.

"Thank you, now back to what I was saying." He went back to teaching.

{ naja }

First period came to an end, but I finished my homework in class, and turned it in. I went straight to my second period, not wanting to see Ben and talk til the bell rang, and then rush to class.

I sat down in my seat, and went over notes as the class started filling up. The bell rang, and still no sign of Kentrell.

I did the work she gave us, and asked to go to the bathroom. I got permission, and left. I just needed to clear my mind.

When I got there, I just looked at myself in the mirror. I really looked dead. The toilet flushed and it scared me cause I ain't know nobody was in there. I rolled my eyes when Delecia walked out.

"Oh, you just the person I wanted to see," she said, as she washed and dried her hands.

"Girl you don't want nun." I replied.

"I actually got sum for you," she smiled, as she dug in her bag.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I think you might need these for the next time you fuck Kentrell," she spat, handing me a box of condoms. I was silent, cause why would he tell her? I don't think Bre knows forreal cause it would be the talk of the school right now. If it's sum negative bout me they all for it.

She left the bathroom, as I stood there, shocked. I threw them in the garbage, and as bad as I wanted to just let it all out, and cry, I didn't, I kept my head on.

I went back to class, seeing that Kentrell came while I was out. I sat down, and got on my phone, turning the volume down, so I wouldn't get caught.

I wanted to ask him so bad how the fuck Delecia knows, but now ain't the time. He hasn't even looked my way since I sat down. He must've actually been trying to work for once.

This must be the calm before the storm, because shit ain't right. If Delecia knows, it's only a matter of time before the whole school does.

-

i don't be knowing what to say in the author's note so i just be writin lyrics 🕺🏽