Dick x reader part 2

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, come in.." I said opening the door more.

He awkwardly stood by my couch. "You can sit." I said and he nodded and sat down. I sat on the opposite end of the couch, and silently began eating my food while watching TV. 

"If you want, I can come back another time." he said.

"No, it's fine.." I said putting down my food. "You wanted to talk." I said and he nodded.

"I really am sorry for what I said back then. It was uncalled form and I was being a giant... jerk.." he said and I smiled bit knowing he didn't want to use the word dick.

"I know." I said.

"What?" he asked me.

"It took me a while, a long while.. but I know you're not that type of guy. When you do end up saying things like that, you don't mean it." I said.

"Then why did you never talk to me after you.. you know.." he said.

"It's been years Dick. I'm going to call you and just say, Hey, back then when you told me to leave you alone and I took it the wrong way, can we be friends again. It's weird. Besides, you have your own life to live. I had mine." I smiled at him. "Really, you don't have to feel all guilty over it." I said to him.

"...You're crying.." he said and I looked down wiping my eyes.

"Sorry, but really... I don't hate you, and I'm not mad at you.." I said.

"(Y/n).." I saw his hand reach for me out of the corner of me eye, but I didn't move or flinch out of the way. He pulled me in for a hug. "I'm sorry." he apologized again.

"Stop apologizing dork.." I whispered wiping my eyes. "It's not your fault. You were right back then..." I whispered.

"What do you mean?" he asked still rubbing my back.

".. I was a loner and you were the only kid willing to hang out with me and call yourself my friend. I took it for granted and got all clingy and annoying. Even if you hadn't meant what you said, it held some truth in it.." I said softly. He listened silently as I talked. I felt his hand on my head, now petting my head and I smiled. I laughed a little. "I'm not a pet you know.." I said.

"I know.." he said softly and pressed my head onto his shoulder. "I know.." he repeated again and hugged me tighter. I relaxed and kept my head on his shoulder and he leaned back, and I ended up laying on top of him as he held me.

"... Dick?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"... You okay?" I asked.

".. I should be asking you that." he said and I smiled.

"True, but... Dick?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he responded.

"Why did you decide to come looking for me? Why now?" I asked him.

"... I saw your name tag, or Tim saw your name tag. When I saw you, you felt familiar and I'm such an idiot to have forgotten you.." he said. "Then.. I looked you up, I know that sounds bad.." he said and I smiled a bit. "I read about your parents, and all the things you had to go through by yourself... if I was a better friend... a friend that you could've relied on during those times.. I don't know... I just felt like I had to do something.." he said.

"You always had a weird sense of loyalty or justice, or whatever the word is.." I said sitting up, separating from our hug and sitting next to him. 

He sat up and looked at me. "(Y/n)." he called out to me and I looked at him. "Here." he said and handed me an envelope. "You can read it whenever you want." he said and got up. "I'll leave and let you think.." he said and waved a small good bye and left.

I looked down to the envelope and opened it and it was a piece of paper, folded up.

"Do you want to be friends?

- From dude who left"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 3?