China: New Super Power

1) What is the "World Hegemon"?

a. The worlds most strongest country or overarching power.

2) What was the protest in Japan about?

a. It was because they did not appreciate the Chinese wanting the torch running to come through the town. They did not like China at all. One reason was for the fact that they were saying that they were Communists.

3) What is China's interest in Afghanistan?

a. China was interested in Copper. Copper was hardly untouched in Afghanistan and China wanted to get a hold of it.

4) What are the 3 principles the entire universe operates under?

a. Truthfulness compassion and tolerance. The Chinese government was scared of the teachings so they had to ban it and prosecute it.

5) What was the symbol of China's rebirth

a. Hosting all the 2008 summer Olympics was the symbol of China's Rebirth?

6) How did the Chinese students feel about the Summer Olympics]

a. They felt like they could benefit off of it. They used it as a patriotic symbol to show off their country.

7) What did the Olympics provide to China?

a. It was to see if china was harmonious. They wanted further cement or prove that their propaganda is actually true.

8) What are the Uighurs in China?

a. They were a minority in China and they were there to support the torch running ceremony. They are central Asians of Turkish origin and are Muslim

9) How did the Iraqis feel about the China vs. US situation?

a. They feel like the US is using a lot of was to solve their issues, while China is using more peaceful tactics to solve problems.

10) What do the Chinese consider the Gwandar port?

a. They consider it an avenue for warm water. They wanted to use it as a trade corridor to get access to both the Indian and Arabian Seas.