Chairman Mao Declassified

1) What was the idea/concept for the Great Leap Forward?

a. Farmers were told to not farm anymore. They were told they were supposed to work in the factory to make steel. China wanted to make the most steel compared to countries like England

2) What did Madame Mao like and dislike?

a. She hated Western art and old Chinese feudal art like operas or art works. They were seen as bad and as well as seen as oppressive classes before the revolution. She liked the few works that she had made sure were made. There were very few ballets and operas. They were all about the revolution, fighting capitalism , tradition, and dance.

3) What was inside the Declassified documents?

a. The threat from Pragmatic leader. It had lead to some Secret battles within the government. There were two people of some power were trying to import things into China while Mao did not want anything imported

4) What was the central tenant of Madame Mao ideal?

a. To make her into the red empress, which is the ideal purity even though she has had multiple affairs. She also had seeked to spread propaganda across the country.

5) Who was Lin Bao?

a. A successful military strategist who fought against the Japanese and in the Chinese civil war. He also might have planned an assassination against Mao.

6) What was the Little Red Book?

a. The little Red book started off for the army as mostly motivation. Then Mao decided to use it for the entire country. He wanted people the memorize most of the book and was basically a Bible. The people also saluted with it.

7) What was the Struggle Session?

a. It was started by the revolutionaries. They took the people away from their homes and offices. Then they had to put a dunce cap on and plaque hung around their neck and paraded around the streets. Then they were shouted at and fling abuse at the victims.

8) What happened to Lin Biao?

a. After Mao learned about his plot to kill him; Biao decided to try and escape. Biao was going to flee to the USSR. Instead of Biao making into the USSR; his plane had crashed and killed him.

9) What was the RLA?

a. People's Liberation Army. Started because they wanted to crack down on people that were speaking out against Mao.

10) Who was the Secret ally?

a. There had been no diplomatic ties with the United States and China since 1954. The United Stated trusted the USSR more than they trusted China. There were a few diplomats from the States to China to talk diplomatically. Then Richard Nixon finally went over to China. Most people did not lie it or were confused.