Child and Adolescent Psychology Exam 3

Choose either sex or drugs and tell me two things you would include in a program to delay/deter early experiences with the topic you choose.

Drugs are what teens are using for a "stress" reliever or something to do/make them seem cool. If students/teens had more stuff to do after school even things that could help relieve stress, like more variety of after school activities and provide information about each club to the students. Also teach them about the consequences of using drugs, like impaired judgement leading to major accidents.

Choose neuron growth(exuberance), dopamine, myelination and define it, tell how it affects teens, and what we could do about it as people who live with the teens.

Myelination is what speeds impulses. Myelination what makes teens moodier and want to do more riskier and possibly harmful activities. We can be their frontal lobe and help them understand and explain things once calmed down. We can also provide safer but still risky behaviors to the teens.

What two pieces of advice would you tell teens who want to work for pay?

Explore you possible options, because is could help discover what you want to do for your career. Also jobs will teach on how to be a team player and be as responsible as possible whether it was with their own money or with others at their place of employment.

What two changes would you suggest to make schools a better place teens?

Make students feel like they are not alienated in school. Make it so students do not want to drop out. Like putting students who are "bad" in a different classroom then the rest of their classmates. Get students involved with a teacher, meaning that a teacher or a staff member makes sure that students feel welcome in the school. One or two teachers/staff member saying hello to a student could lighten up the students day because they might not have many friends or having a hard time at home.

What do you think of Murray Milner's explanation of cliques in schools?

Once looking back on high school, I noticed that his explanation of cliques were true. There were more of the "loners" who maybe had friend or two but did not talk to many people. The wannabe's were the students who were around the more "popular" students but was obvious that they were just trying to copy those who had the school's "fame." The popular students tended to be more social compared to everyone else.

Looking back over the whole course what is one thing you want to remember for a long time?

I would like to remember the different ways to get children to behave appropriately. Mostly because if i would like to have kids of my own or babysit my siblings kids in the future, it will be nice to know the appropriate ways of a disobedient/disruptive child.