Great Britain Vs. The Colonies

When England started to settle in North American, the Colonist had a relatively, broad idea of what was expected by the King. While the Colony was up and starting, the vast majority of the time was spent on learning how to survive. Once the Colonies started getting life together in the new world, the colonist felt a dissociation from their parent state and soon declared independence. The colonies felt the need for independence due to the colonist being under represented and that it took a while for information to be pasted around, whether that was through the colonies or to/from England. After the Seven Years War and England was in serious debt, England taxed the Colonies after not interacting much with their own citizens. England tried to get involved with the Colonist again after the Seven Years War but ultimately failed, due to the Colonist feeling independent and England having no Colonist Representatives.

Since England was in control of the Colonies after the Seven Year War, England wanted the Colonists' support on helping improve the economics of the Parent State. The King assumed that there were a majority of Colonist who were still loyal to the crown. In the speech King George gave in 1775, he had exclaimed that a minority of people managed to rally the entire colony of loyal followers into revolt by lying and manipulating them into believing that their subordination under Great Britain is terrible:

" [...] [I]nflame my people in America by gross misrepresentations, and to infuse into their minds a system of opinions, repugnant to the true constitution of the colonies, and to their subordinate relation to Great-Britain, now openly avow their revolt, hostility and rebellion."

To some extent it is possible for the fact that the Colonist had no say or vote in the Colonies, if they wanted/were going to "break-off" from the British Empire. Since there was a lack of proper representation for the Colonist, back in Great Britain, there exists the possibility that there was little to no correct information about what the colonist wanted or needed being told to King George or Parliament.

The Colonies felt like there was unjust treatment towards them coming from Britain. They felt as if they were not able to get proper representation back in England, even though life was different in the Colonies compared to England. While reading the Declaration of Independence, a large majority of space in the Declaration is reserved for the telling the crimes of Great Britain or the reasons the Colonist want to leave. The Colonist felt that they had no power in the law whatsoever:

"[ The King] has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immense and pressing importance,unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained [...]".

This is a very important to the Colonies, due to only being a subordinate state, it is likely that they had a plethora of threats or problems that would require a pressing and immediate action that just was not possible under the current monarchy. They need to pass a Law (or multiple Laws), quickly in times of emergency, which could perhaps mean saving the lives of people in America. While is was still possible to pass these important laws with consent of the King and the Colonists state that the King "[...] [U]tterly neglected[...]' his duty in approving the Laws.

The Colonist had a lot of meaningful reasons to leave England, with essentially having no say in the laws that govern the way they live in America. England needed the Colonies help financially , especially after the Seven Years War. The way Parliament and King George handled the situation made the Colonies not appreciate the Parent State as much. It did not help King George's case on trying to win back the loyalties of people in America, by saying how the "leaders" were trying to manipulate the people across the pond. Like any bad relationship, it seems like the main cause of all of the problems between both sides was a severe lack of communication, as well as, the lack of proper representation of the Colonies.