35

•LISA•

It's been a hectic cycle. One minute, Nini's all smiley and soft towards us and in the blink of an eye she wants us all away from her.

It's my birthday in a week and I'm really excited because finally I'm about to ask Jennie to marry me. I hope she remembers the contract we made, I smile to myself. It's been kinda hard to adjust too because whenever Jennie and I are out together she always has her so-called episodes since a lot of things remind her of her ex boyfriend.

Tonight, Pots allowed me to take her out to the city and have fun. We went to the arcade, watched movies, went to a museum because she's never been to one before, and walked around the city afterwards.

I fished my phone out of my pocket to check the time. It was 11:47 PM. Nini must be tired, I thought. She's been awfully quiet since the second we stepped out of the museum.

We were standing around, waiting for a taxi until I heard sobs from beside me. "Jen, are you okay?" I noticed she was hugging herself, shaking, so I took my jacket off and wrapped it around her. I was about to cup her cheek until she slapped my hand away.

"Don't fucking touch me." the cat-eyed girl said through gritted teeth, eyes so red it could actually kill you by just staring at them, eyebrows furrowed like she's all ready to bury you alive.

"Why doesn't anyone love me, Li?" She cried out loud, dropping to the ground with her hands on her face, making my heart clench at the painful sight of the brunette all desperate and vulnerable.

This woman is still Jennie but at the same time isn't. This person is a broken one, a traumatized, lonely soul whose void I wish to fill.

"I love you." I look at her in all seriousness in hope she understands what I mean. "Of course you do, but you're my best friend. It's normal for you to love me." She replied shortly, making me sigh that after all these years she still remained the same oblivious woman she is.

"Get on my back," I squat and looked behind me to see the older girl slowly look at me. "Why?"

"We're not getting a taxi soon, you have to rest up. Get on my back, I'll walk us back." I smile softly at the crying girl and thankfully, she got on my back.

After what seemed like 15 minutes of walking, I felt my breath hitch and legs get a bit weaker but the grip of the brunette on my back tightened, making my heart jump.

After a few more minutes filled with shaky breaths, soft grunts, and small snores, we made it back to Jennie's hospital room.

I carefully lay her down in bed and texted Pots to be here. While waiting, I stared at the sleeping beauty in front of me with a sad smile on my face.

A best friend. That's the only thing she sees in me? I clutch onto my shirt, feeling my heart in literal pain again. I sharply inhale and quietly try to make my way out of the room to go home and get the pills I was supposed to take 4 hours ago until a hand gripped my wrist, preventing me from leaving.

"Please don't leave, Lis." Jennie was sobbing in her sleep. "I won't leave you, I just have to go home for a bit to get comfier clothes. I'll be back, I promi-" "No, please stay. Don't leave, even just for a bit," she cried to me.

"Okay, I won't leave, princess." I smiled at the older girl, trying to keep myself from showing her that I was in so much pain.

Pots arrived, "Hey, lovebirds! How was the big night ou-" she cut her question as she entered the cold hospital room. She took a good look at my face. It was all red and I was sweating so much.

"Pots, I need my pills, now." I mouthed to her and she nodded and quickly left the room.

"I'll stay with you, always." I tuck in the brunette's hair behind her ear while she brought her face closer to my hand, giving me the chance to cup and caress the older girl's cheeks.

It wasn't long until I saw her with a soft smile on her face and the room was once again filled with her quiet snores.

"I'm gonna ask you to marry me soon, and hopefully you'll still say yes." I thought to myself. "Good night, I love you. So much more than you know." I kiss her forehead and sat down on the chair beside her bed.

Pots got back with my pills and a bottle of water. I quickly took in the drugs and finished the entire drink in one go. I was breathing so heavily. "I got some extra clothes in my office, you might as well just borrow them if you're gonna crash here tonight." Pots offered with a concerned look. "That would be really great, thanks." I breathe out, still heaving heavily.

—————

I shifted in my sleep as I felt a hand moving around my hair and my face. I scrunched up my nose, getting pretty annoyed at the actions. I carefully opened my eyes to see the beautiful brunette staring at me so lovingly with her hand cupping my cheeks.

"You...you stayed." She spoke out with a smile, causing the butterflies in my tum tum to go all wild.

"Of course I stayed. I would've stayed even if you didn't ask." I say all groggily and smiled back. I kissed her shoulder and got up, "What do you want for breakfast? I'm gonna go get some clothes at home, shower, and get some food for us after that." I explain.

"Remember what we had for dinner the first time we met each other at your house?" I nodded, it was mom's cooking. "I want that one." I smiled and kissed her forehead before I left.

"Alright, I'll get you my mom's famous dish. Don't go anywhere, okay? I love you, Nini." I wink at the cat-eyed girl.

I made my way to the door and held the knob and before I was out, she spoke out.

"I love you too, Lili."

//////////////////

HARO!!!

I 4got this orange w app existed i am so sorry skjdksid kidding kidding. im sorry for the super late update. school was really hectic and i also got lazy so,,,, there's that.

this book is ending soon and i've been thinking of doing a twice ship fic next. what do u think??????? owo i'll try to update quicker now and i mean it hehe

if anyone is still reading this or has this in their library/reading list, thank you for staying with me! :)

ilysm
-g 🖤