02

•LISA•

"Do you mind telling us what happened today, sweetheart?", I looked up to see my parents facing me. I shift uncomfortably in my seat and looked down on my food. "Can we please talk about this after dinner, dad?" He sighed and remained silent.

We continued to eat dinner in silence, tension rising in the air. I could feel my parents just staring at me, burning holes into my head. I clenched my jaw, trying to finish my food. I heard utensils clash with my parents' plates. They're just waiting for me to finish my food now.

I took smaller bites, moved slower, hoping to delay the unwanted conversation to be yet again initiated. "Lisa.", my father spoke with his deep voice, causing chills to run down my spine. I slowly looked at him, gulping. "Yes?". They both looked at me and sighed.

I hate disappointing them. I sighed.

"Jennie was getting picked on." I muttered. "What was that?" My mom's voice softened me. "Lisa, you can tell us. You're not usually like this. I know that you wouldn't just beat someone up because you wanted to. So what actually happened?" Dad gently approached me and cupped my cheeks.
I sigh for the nth time today. "Jennie, she's a new student. I saw her getting picked on by Jimin and his friends at the playground. I didn't want to get involved, I swear! But at the same time I didn't want her to be hurt. I'm sorry if I beat someone up." I sniffled, trying not to break down in front of my parents.

"Aww, honey", my mother trapped me in her soothing embrace. "Next time, please don't get involved in any physical fights, alright? It was right for you to defend your friend but next time, just talk it out. Okay? Violence isn't always the answer. " I nodded once, not completely agreeing with what she said. I felt her kiss my cheek and she stood up, making her way to fix  the table. My dad approached me this time.

He took my hands and examined them. He shook his head and sighed deeply. I knew I disappointed hi-

"I'm gonna teach you how to defend yourself. How to punch properly, how to hit properly." My eyes widened, I couldn't believe my dad would support me with this. "Really? You'll teach me how to pun-" "Oh, honey no! Violence isn't the answer!" My dad cut me off since mom entered the room again. I looked at him confused. Didn't he just say he'd teach me? He winked at me and I seemed to understand now. I sheepishly smile and nodded.

——
"Again!" Dad yelled, for the hundredth time today. I groan in annoyance. "We've been doing this for 2 hours already" He sighed and looked at me. "Do you want me to teach you or not? Keep your arms up! You're gonna hurt your hands if you punch that way! Now! Again!", he screamed.

We were at our backyard, dad and I have been practicing my punches since it was Saturday. He made me a dummy. He said I'd have to knock it down in order for us to move to the next "lesson" but I've punched it a thousand times and it hasn't been knocked down yet. This is just starting to get annoying.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and continued to punch the dummy for another 15 minutes until I turned to my dad. "This is hopeless" I sighed. "I don't know how you knocked that Jimmy kid down in a swift punch but can't knock down a dummy" My dad muttered. I clenched my jaw, reminiscing what they did to Jennie. I kept punching the dummy until my dad speaks again. "You know, that Jimmy kid doesn't really seem all that bad" Did I hear him right? Is my dad actually siding with the guy that hurt Jennie? I scoffed in disbelief.

I couldn't contain my anger anymore.

I screamed and with one swift punch, the dummy was on the grass, a huge dent left on its face. I was trying to catch my breath

"That's my girl", my dad ruffled my hair. I just realized what happened. "WE DID IT, DAD! WE KNOCKED THE DUMMY DOWN!" I jumped, excitement clear in my voice. "No, you did it sweetie." He kissed my forehead and handed me a water bottle. We rested for about 30 minutes, talking about school and random things.

"Okay, get up. I'll teach you how to defend yourself. For reals this time" He said, rubbing his hands together. I widened my eyes. "What do you mean by for reals? You mean punching wasn't the highlight of all this?" I groan. He chuckled, "Sweetie, we were just getting started. Now, up!" he clapped his hands.

——
After an entire day of training, I took a shower and saw mom getting all dressed up, make up already on her face. She saw me staring at her and widened her eyes. "Sweetie! What are you wearing?!" She panicked, like my clothes were gonna be the cause of her death. "Uhhh, my pajamas?" I arched a brow. She rushed me to my room and started browsing through my closet.

"Mom? What are you doing?" I stared at her, while she was looking through my closet like a madwoman. She found a nice and presentable outfit and gave it to me. "What do I do with these..?" I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Obviously, change! Please! And hurry, the Kim's could arrive any second now!" So I changed into the clothes she gave me.

Ding dong! (dantes 😂)

"OH MY GOD THEY'RE HERE"

~~~~
elo! idk why it took me this long to finish chap 2 but hereeee, i'm gonna finish this asap since school is coming for my ass