17

•JENNIE•

"I love you. I really do." I was getting teary-eyed.

"Be with me then."

"I can't. Not anymore." I looked down

"Why?" She yells in frustration, making me flinch.

"You know exactly why." I sobbed.

"No. Tell me, pleas- HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA"

The film I was watching was interrupted by irritating laughter.

"Do you mind? I'm trying to watch but your stupid laughs are too loud. Jesus." I glared and slammed the door shut.

Why does Lisa always have to be with Dahyun? I get it, they're close. We're close too, right?

I mean...Lisa's still my best friend.

But, why does it feel different to see her cling on to people that aren't me?

Why does it feel like something's missing?

I shook my head, cutting off my thoughts about the tall girl. I lost track of the film and didn't focus on it as much anymore.

Lisa

Lisa

Li-

Stop it, Jennie. Maybe you just need your boyfriend. You just miss him.

I facetimed Julian and he picked up after the 6th ring.

"Hey, babe!" He greeted with that smile I fell in love with.

"Your hair's a mess, what happened to you?" I raised my left brow in suspicion.

"Oh, nothing! I just- I woke up just now." He let out hesitantly.

"Oh, you haven't been returning my calls lately. I miss you a lot." I frowned. "Sorry, it's just... my dad's home and he wants me to be more productive. Kinda busy today, babe. Sorry! I'll call you back tomorrow, I promise. Bye, love you!" He quickly hung up, before I was even able to mutter a word.

"I love-- you...." I sighed.

I miss her.

Lisa?

Yeah.

How so?

She keeps me from being lonely. I feel empty now. I don't know.

Do something then.

I can't. I pushed her away so many times. I hurt her all the time. She'll be happier with Dahyun.

Or Mina, I don't know!

I slapped myself out of my thoughts.

Lisa is a great person. She would never hold grudges, she's not that type of person; no.

I stood up and turned the TV off and made my way outside to where the 2 girls I yelled at were cuddling.

"Lisa," I started. The tall Thai stopped laughing at what Dahyun said and raised her eyebrows with a smile.