26

•DAHYUN•

After class, I told them to go ahead without me since I had to do some research in the library. So here I am at 7 pm at school.

As I exit the library, I heard the sky rumble.

Shit.

I got no umbrella. I kinda regret telling Lisa to go home without me, since she walks me home like literally everyday.

Such a gentlewoman, right? Who can't fall in love with her?

Sigh, this is gonna be a long night.

———

It's been almost an hour, and the rain only got stronger.

"Why didn't I know you'd be a hurricane?" I yell at the heavens.

"Hey, uhm. Hi!" A boy in uniform approached me.

"Hey.." I started, moving back a little. What? He's a guy, you never know what he could do!

Why does he look kinda familiar tho?

"Uhm, you looked like you needed help and I just happened to be headed home. Do you have anyone to pick you up?" The boy asked.

I just shook my head no, resulting to a deep breath from the boy.

"Thank you, by the way. Remember me? From earlier? The guy by the lockers?" He gave out clues.

I widen my eyes and mouth, "Ooohhhh! That's why you seemed familiar!" I smiled.

"And uhm, don't thank me, seriously" I blush.

"You can call me Eunwoo," he smiles and takes his hand out for me to shake.

"Dahyun," I smiled back and shook his hand. "Come on, let me take you home before the rain gets even worse!" He put his arm around my shoulder and took out an umbrella.

Why'd it look so familiar tho?

I feel like I've seen this umbrella somewhere.

I shook the thoughts off my head and gently take Eunwoo's hand off my shoulder.

Only my best friends and Lisa can do that.

——————

After about 15 minutes of walking in the rain, I told Eunwoo to go ahead since he said his house wasn't until another 3 blocks but the boy insisted to deliver me at our humble abode.

What a nice guy, I smile to myself.

"Hey, uhm. I better get going," He says, handing me the umbrella we used.

"What about you?" I asked in worry, well I don't know this guy and I might get him sick!

"I got my own, don't worry!" He winked and ran away, bringing out an umbrella from his bag.

The first 3 words that exited my mouth once I entered my room were:

WHAT THE FUCK?

What did he mean by he has his "own"?

Does that mean this umbrella I have isn't his?