13

•LISA•

"Hey, monkey. How ya feelin'?" I opened my eyes to my dad's voice.

"Hi, dad." I whispered, smiling softly.

"Oh, you're awake! That's good. Wait here and I'll call Pots." Mom rushed outside.

Few minutes later, Pots came back inside with a crying lady.

Yea, that lady was my mom. YEET

"What's wrong, sweetie?" My dad asked, making my mom cry even harder.

"Let's discuss this outside later." Pots said in all seriousness, making my dad arch his eyebrow.

A knock on the door was heard not a moment later. "I brought some chikiiiin! Do yo- oh hey mom and dad!"

Yes, you heard it right. Jisoo called my parents "mom" and "dad". The thing is, I call her parents "mom" and "dad" too.

This is because we basically live in each other's house our entire lives. We're typically family now. Just....not biologically speaking.

"Do you plan to share your chikin, dear?" My mom raised her eyebrow, as if challenging the girl.

"Quite bold of you to say I'd even think of sharing my precious chikin with any of you." Jisoo laughed.

"Does that mean I won't get chikin? Not even a little?" I pout, knowing the older girl can't resist me. "Agh- Fine! Just one piece tho." She huffed.

"Thanks, babe." I winked

——

A few weeks passed, and I got discharged, ready to go back to school.

"Love! I didn't know you got discharged so soon! I missed youuu!" A pale short girl ran up to me and hugged me.

"Hey, love. Sorry if I wasn't able to return any of your calls last night." I scratched my head and grinned.

The bell rang, meaning it was time for our first period.

Dahyun took my hand and ran to the room as quickly as possible.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without Kim Dahyun. She's been there for me since day one besides Chu and Chaeng.

Speaking of Chu and Chaeng, they were flirting when we got there.

Again.

Yes, that's right. They like each other. They told me so. They both like each other but were too blind to see that, it's pretty stupid and funny actually.

Chu thinks that Chaeng is just being nice since she's a soft-hearted chipmunk.

Chaeng thinks Chu acts that way since they're best friends.

This is so gay oh my god.

"Love?" Dahyun called out, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hmm? Sorry, I was just...thinking" I twitched my eye.

"Of what? Or of who? I've been trying to get your attention for the past 3 minuuteees" She pouted.

Oh god nooooo, don't pouuut!

Must. resist. Kim. Dahyun's. cuteness.

"Fine, I'll get you ice cream," I sigh in a defeated manner to which the shorter girl celebrated in her seat.

"Alright, alright settle down everyone." Mrs. Park entered the room with quite a good mood.

"Ooh, what's got you all smiley today, Mrs. Park?" Chu smirked making the whole room laugh.

"It's nothing, it's just....we're hosting a talent show before graduation. I'm excited to win because this is the best class ever!" We all cheered when Mrs. Park hyped us up.

You see, our teachers here aren't like the teachers in other schools. Our teachers are very fun to be with, though they still maintain professionalism; sometimes.

After class, we gathered all our things and when we got to the cafeteria for our lunch, everyone was murmuring about the talent show.

Hell, even our security guards were excited.

"Hey, are you gonna attend?" Dahyun looked up to me with sparkles in her eyes as if she wanted me to.

"Probably not," I replied shortly making the girl whine out "But why? Everyone's gonna go!"

"Not everyone then since I'm not going," I shrugged.

"What can I do to change your mind, Manoban?" The shorter girl crossed er arms.

"Fly with me." I looked her dead in the eyes.

"Let me rephrase that. What can I possibly do to change your mind, Manoban?" she huffed.

I giggled at the shorter girl's attempts. She really is something.

"Hey, guys!" That voice, it belonged to that one girl I've been trying to avoid for the past few weeks.

I just can't though.

What are you doing to me, Jennie Kim?

"Have you guys met my boyfriend? Julian, come here!" My eyes widened at the sound.

"Uhm, nice to meet you." Jeongyeon let out.

"Yea uhm, you can take a seat if you want," Sana offered awkwardly

"Excuse me for a sec please" Chaeyoung and Chaeng said at the same time.

Everyone was awkwardly telling them to feel comfortable even though we don't really like them together.

I wasn't saying anything though. I was just watching the cat-eyed girl being happy with someone else.

"...And this is Lisa, my best friend" Jennie stated lastly.

"Pleasure to meet you," Julian let out with his gritted teeth.

"Nauseated" I let out as a sigh, not bothering looking at the boy.

"Would you excuse us for a moment please?" Jennie said to Julian and our friends then dragged me to the back of the school.

"What the hell is your problem? Why are you so rude? Why are you acting this way?" Jennie shoved me around which question.

"Wow, I'm rude? Really? Oh okay, let's take a look of all the nicest things you've done for me, Jennie Kim! First, you left me out to dry in the bus, second you ignore me for weeks after camp and- oh! Right! You kissed me and wanted me to act as if it never happened because it was an accident!" I screamed out.

"Keep your voice down, Lisa." Jennie coldly demanded.

"No! Why should I? Why are you so afraid?" I asked, raising my voice.

"Because I don't like you that way, okay? I don't want people especially you getting our friendship wrong! We're best friends, remember? Nothing more. And if you're not content with that, fine! Let's end this friendship then! I don't need anyone dragging me down." Her words were like knives to my heart.

As she walked away, my chest kept tightening, my breath kept hitching.

I was in pain. But I was numb. It hurts.

I lost balance and felt dizzy.

Then, everything went black.

——————

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hi. I'm sorry if I updated really lateeee.

School is still a jackass. And btw thank you to the people who wished for my dad's recovery! He just got discharged a few days back hihi.

Thank you so much for the 9k reads omg why do you guys read my trash fic. ILYYYYYY!!!!!!!

idk what else to say :(((((

i'm gonna start working on 14 asap to break y'all hearts asap :))))) mwa