Chapter 28

Parker's POV

When Leah showed me the pregnancy tests and told me I was going to be a father again, I flipped.

I was so excited and I was so happy that this amazing woman.. my wife was carrying my child.

But then this small part of my mind said run. And it started to twist everything in my mind and made me believe that this wasn't right.

It made me think that this shouldn't be happening. So I got up and just left. I didn't mean to snap at Leah but I just needed to get out of there. I needed some air and time to think.

I got in my car and drove to Jordans house. It took awhile but when I got there I rushed to the front door and knocked.

He opened up the door confused. "Parker? What are you doing here?"

I pushed past him and started pacing in the living room.

"Leah's pregnant" I finally said.

"Okay... Isn't that a good thing?" He asked getting more confused.

"Yes.. maybe.. no.. I don't know?"

"What do you mean you don't know? What did you do Parker?" He asked becoming more pissed off.

"I might've walked out on her.. and told her to fuck off.." I said guilty.

Jordan hauled off and punched me square in the face. I stumbled backwards and held my face.

"What the hell you jackass!? What is wrong with you!?" He yelled furious now.

Leah was like a sister to him, so this really pissed him off.

"I don't know okay!? I just freaked out and got scared!" I yelled back.

"Oh you're scared!? How do you think she feels Parker? You know.. you're behaving just like him" he paused "you're behaving just like Trevor." He spit at me.

I walked right up to him and shoved him. "I am nothing like that prick!" I seethed.

"You sure about that? Because what you just did to Leah is exactly how he treated her. Parker I love you and you're my brother and all.. but I can't be around you right now." He said looking at me.

"What?"

"Parker get out. Go figure your shit out. And stop behaving like a jackass. That woman is the best thing that has happened to you. Don't fuck it up" with that he kicked me out.

I spent the night at a motel just thinking about everything. My phone kept blowing up with messages from her, but I didn't reply to a single one.

I eventually fell asleep and I came to a decision on things and on my family.

~~~
Leah's POV

I laid in bed and tossed and turned all night. I finally fell asleep around 3:30 a.m. I held Kinsley against me and put pillows around her as a barrier.

I woke up at 7:30 a.m. and decided to get up. I walked into the bathroom and took a shower, washing away yesterday's tears.

After I got out I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes had bags under them, and my eyes were dull.